For the last two years I drive 2009 E90 328i which now has 104K miles on it. The car still has original shocks and it shows. I got a quote from a dealership for front struts/shocks replacement ($1,800) and from two reputable indi shops in the area ($1,400-$1,500). This seems unjustifiably expensive. If parts are bought from Bavarian Autosport (or FCP, ...) they would cost around $350. According to Pelical Parts, their replacement is a four hour job. BMW indi shops charge $75-90 per hour so we arrive at $700 max (w/o alignment). I understand that dedicated BMW shops use OE parts and provide warranty but there is still a feeling that they charge too much for ordinary repairs of fairly modern cars (which does not require much of their technical ingenuity). The question is where to find a shop which will use parts provided by the client and do the job cheaper then local BMW gurus. (Same goes for front rotors/pads replacement - $650 at a BMW indi shop while high quality parts cost around $175).