Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 04/03/2016 - End of Winter Detailing Workshop (Sterling, VA) * New Date*
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 04/03/2016 - End of Winter Detailing Workshop (Sterling, VA) * New Date*

04/03/2016 - End of Winter Detailing Workshop (Sterling, VA) * New Date*

End of Winter Detailing Workshop
    Odds and Ends Detailing
    201 Davis Drive Suite LL
    Sterling, VA 20164
    703-675-8819

Located in the Sterling Industrial Park at the corner of Sterling Boulevard and Davis Drive, Sterling, VA.
    With the spring concours season just around the corner, come out and learn a thing or two about getting your car looking great again after another mid-Atlantic winter!

Darryl Nichols, owner of Odds and Ends Detailing, will present a clinic on Sunday, April 3rd, 2016 (new date) at his shop in Sterling, VA. The session will run from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and there is a $5 fee for the workshop (payable at the event).
    Attendees will gain knowledge that they can take home to prepare their Deutsche Marque entry. Learning some tricks of the trade will help you over the next few weekends preparing your car for the concours. This will be more than a brief explanation of the detailing process; it will be a chance to bring your problems to the expert for advice on what you can do to make your car stand out from the rest.

Darryl plans to discuss the following topics at this seminar:
    9 AM – 12 PM - A quick review of some basics, such as proper detailing materials and processes; paint maintenance strategies and techniques with demonstrations (washing, waxing, and claying)
    12 - 12:30 PM - Break for lunch
    12:30 – 3 PM - Paint polishing and scratch removal strategies and techniques with demonstrations

The afternoon session is completely optional - you don't have to commit to the entire day if you don't want to.
    Darryl will provide bagels/donuts/coffee/juice for the morning session, and all products (except power tools) will be offered at a 15% discount the day of the event.

For more information about the event, or questions or topics you'd like to have covered please contact John McWilliams - john.mcwilliams@gmail.com
    Last edited by pseto; 02-16-2016 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Date change
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

If you plan to attend please drop me a note or reply to this thread. That way we can have an idea of how much breakfast goodies to have on hand. Thanks!
    John
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

I'm planning to be there. Thanks.

I will plan to attend this session.
    It looks like there will be a concurrent DIY this day down the road at BMW of Sterling?

Quote Originally Posted by Gar View Post
    It looks like there will be a concurrent DIY this day down the road at BMW of Sterling?
    We've moved this event to Sunday, April 3rd, so it won't conflict with the DIY tech session and Cars & Coffee gathering at BMW of Sterling on Saturday morning. We felt this would give more members the opportunity to attend both events. I hope it still works for you!
    Last edited by John in VA; 02-17-2016 at 01:14 PM.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

I'll be there. Glad conflict resolved.

I'll be there!

I'll be there!!
    Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    End of Winter Detailing Workshop
    Odds and Ends Detailing
    201 Davis Drive Suite LL
    Sterling, VA 20164
    703-675-8819

Located in the Sterling Industrial Park at the corner of Sterling Boulevard and Davis Drive, Sterling, VA.
    With the spring concours season just around the corner, come out and learn a thing or two about getting your car looking great again after another mid-Atlantic winter!

Darryl Nichols, owner of Odds and Ends Detailing, will present a clinic on Sunday, April 3rd, 2016 (new date) at his shop in Sterling, VA. The session will run from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and there is a $5 fee for the workshop (payable at the event).
    Attendees will gain knowledge that they can take home to prepare their Deutsche Marque entry. Learning some tricks of the trade will help you over the next few weekends preparing your car for the concours. This will be more than a brief explanation of the detailing process; it will be a chance to bring your problems to the expert for advice on what you can do to make your car stand out from the rest.

Darryl plans to discuss the following topics at this seminar:
    9 AM – 12 PM - A quick review of some basics, such as proper detailing materials and processes; paint maintenance strategies and techniques with demonstrations (washing, waxing, and claying)
    12 - 12:30 PM - Break for lunch
    12:30 – 3 PM - Paint polishing and scratch removal strategies and techniques with demonstrations

The afternoon session is completely optional - you don't have to commit to the entire day if you don't want to.
    Darryl will provide bagels/donuts/coffee/juice for the morning session, and all products (except power tools) will be offered at a 15% discount the day of the event.

For more information about the event, or questions or topics you'd like to have covered please contact John McWilliams - john.mcwilliams@gmail.com

I'm planning to attend thanks
    John
    2015 335xi m sport

With the warm weather, I know everyone is anxious to get their cars cleaned up. Here's your chance to learn from the pros at Odds & Ends Detailing as part of our Spring Kickoff weekend. Everything from cleaning and polishing techniques to hearing about some of the new products on the market will be covered. What a great way to prepare for this year's 33rd annual Deutche Marque Concours!

Please RSVP here in this thread or on our Facebook page.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

It's finally here! Our BMWCCA Spring Kickoff weekend will be in full effect with several events happening throughout the DMV. Come join us for our Post-Winter Detailing session at Odds & Ends in Sterling, VA for some in-depth cleaning/polishing techniques, paint protection tips, and solutions for your toughest problems.

Please RSVP here in this thread or on our Facebook page as we do expect a good crowd.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Initial weather forecast is clear but windy on Sunday. Darryl was going to demonstrate the 2-bucket wash method outside, but has pop-ups and plenty of room indoors for the other topics. We should be in good shape unless it's a hurricane!
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

I am planing on coming to learn more.

I'm in, too. Any restrictions on the marque of car? I own two white cars. I'd rather practice on the VW wagon than on the M. But I don't want to be out of step with the group. Thoughts?

I plan on attending as well. Looking forward to it!

Outrider - I don't believe actual practicing on cars will be performed, unless Darryl chooses to demonstrate on your car.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Thread Information