Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Rally Weekend Oct 1-2

Thread: Rally Weekend Oct 1-2

Hybrid View

Rally Weekend Oct 1-2

Branded Rally Club of Maryland and the SCCA, DC Region are hosting 2 rallies if anyone is interested. These are not to be confused with ProRally
    They are on publc roads with speeds at or below the speed limit.

http://www.branded.org
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

MG's of Baltimore does a few of these a year. When is the next one from Branded? I would be down for it. wgeiger@baltimoreimaging.com

I participated in a rally in Missouri earlier this year with a British car club (Dad has an MG).

It was a lot of fun and I would be interested in participating in a BMW rally.

It's been a number of years since the National Capital Chapter put on a TSD Rally. The number of entrants we were getting did not make the effort of the Rallymaster and checkpoint workers worth it. Maybe when Steven returns from Okoberfest he could do a poll to see how many would be interested in one. Steven is a rally enthusiast. Our chapter has two of the best rallymasters in the business in Mike Leeper and David Roach. They were "hired" by the Tarheel chapter to put on the O'fest 05 rally in North Carolina.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

What's the Latest

With a TSD rally? I've only participated in one several years ago (not BMW CCA) and it was a blast. It may just be becase I've just finished watching the 07 Dakar, but it would be great to put one together for our club members and perhaps open it up to other owner clubs as well (MB, Porsche, etc.). Then there wouldn't only be competition between drivers but also between mfgrs.

Being a graphics guy, the idea of a Tulip Rally has always intrigued me. I'm up for helping out if that's what it takes.

Steven / Woody, please let me know.

Brian

Two people have mentioned a rally today.
    I wouldn't even know where to start.
    I was the rallymaster for a couple rallies and helped with a bunch.

TSD rallies require a lot of checkpoint workers and a lot of time.
    There hasn't been a rally in the area for a few years.
    The closest one I know is in Cumberland.

Fun Rallies or Gimmick rallies require less people.
    I put on a fun rally to Summit Point a few years ago where people had to answer questions and follow route instructions. Another year it was just route instructions because pulling over on the side of the road was just to dangerous.

If someone wants to put on a rally, I'll point them in the right direction.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Contact me

to get things going.

I'm interested in getting this thing off of the ground.

Brian

Thread Information