Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
New member, 3rd time's the charm!

Thread: New member, 3rd time's the charm!

New member, 3rd time's the charm!

Hello all, I'm Andy and I should have joined this chapter long ago.

I just picked up my 3rd BMW about two weeks ago, a gleaming Mineral White 2015 M4. I traded in my 2015 STI for the M4, but immediately prior to that I had a 2007 335i, and before that an E36 M3. I met a few fantastic members at a cars and coffee this morning that inspired me to go ahead and join the club.

So I am not unfamiliar to the brand, but I am still getting to know my M4- I'm hoping to get it in for its 1200 mile break-in service on Tuesday. I also just signed up for the HPDE event in October at Summit Point; I'll be there both days so hope to have at least some degree of familiarity after that! It won't be my first time to Summit Point as I did manage to take my STI there back in March for a FAAT event but I didn't get the full day's worth of seat time- I had just had some work done to it literally the day before and couldn't overcome my anxiety that it was going to break into pieces on the track, so I called it a day after lunch. I'm leaving this one stock though so that won't be a concern this time.

I'm also keeping an idea floating around in the back of my mind to also be on the lookout for a decent dedicated track car so I can keep some of the miles/wear and tear off my M4 while continuing to feed a growing addiction to track events, and also giving me a more... forgiving? platform to develop my skills on. An E30, Porsche 944, Nissan 240SX are all on my short list but I'm still fleshing out this idea (and massaging the message that it's actually a GOOD idea to the wife...).

I look forward to meeting many of you over social events and track days in the next few months/years!

Welcome! You've got a great car and some greater ideas!!
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Welcome Andy! Let's see pics for the M4! Hope to see you at the Columbia social this week
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Thanks for the welcome, and I absolutely plan to try to become a regular at the Columbia social. Columbia is about 20 minutes from me and I lived there for three years; I think I saw it was this Thursday, I'm free at the moment so hopefully I can stay that way... if not this time, then definitely sometime soon.

Also, as I've continued on my research for purpose-bought track cars I figured I may as well ask right now- are there any restrictions that anyone knows of for having non-BMW cars at a BMW CCA-sponsored event? I already signed up for the event in October for the M4 but I'm actually growing on the idea of trying to get the majority of my track time in a more learner-friendly vehicle... but I'd hate to be that guy that shows up to a BMW track day in a miata...?

As for the M4, here it is the day I brought it home:

Very nice! I look forward to seeing it Thursday. For the HPDE, you can bring another car as long as it's not a convertible/SUV and it passes tech inspection.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

so beautiful

Nice M4!!! Great Color!!!

Thread Information