Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Compressed Nitrogen

Thread: Compressed Nitrogen

Compressed Nitrogen

Anyone have suggestions on where I might buy compressed nitrogen and paraphernalia?
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

You can get it at a place like Roberts oxygen, Earlbeck welding supply, BAC gases. They are all welding/gas suppliers. They will have regulators,etc as well.

Banned
    Now its been a few years since I used Nitrogen when I was a crew chief but the one thing I remember was making sure the Nitrogen had a low moisture content.

And I cant remember how we determined this or got it from a good supplier.

Yeah, moist nitrogen would not be good for any of my dampers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick325xiT 5spd
    Yeah, moist nitrogen would not be good for any of my dampers.
    phew, I thought you were going to use it in your tires

--chad

to be honest, there's a lot to be said for using it in the r-tires.

Banned
    I thought you were going to use it tires too. Usually with Nitrogen you tire pressures dont increase as much or at all as the tire gets warm and reaches operating temps. Nitrogen has less moisture in most cases which is why the tire pressures dont increase. Someone once told me it also reduces rust and corrosion of the wheel. Never believed this since I have yet to see a wheel with rust spots or corrosion caused by air. Nitrogen is more inert I believe and stable too for tires.

For shocks? Try a good motorcycle shop that races? Or call Fox Shocks? Why do you need ot for your dampers?

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedbyDuncan
    I thought you were going to use it tires too. Usually with Nitrogen you tire pressures dont increase as much or at all as the tire gets warm and reaches operating temps. Nitrogen has less moisture in most cases which is why the tire pressures dont increase. Someone once told me it also reduces rust and corrosion of the wheel. Never believed this since I have yet to see a wheel with rust spots or corrosion caused by air. Nitrogen is more inert I believe and stable too for tires.

For shocks? Try a good motorcycle shop that races? Or call Fox Shocks? Why do you need ot for your dampers?
    I know my Advance Designs are low, and I'd like to check on my Motons, too.

Doesn't PV=NrT say it will expand, hence the pressure goes up? Maybe less than air, but it still goes up. I think race teams use N2 because it is convenient.

No matter where you go, there you are!

Quote Originally Posted by rrsperry
    Doesn't PV=NrT say it will expand, hence the pressure goes up? Maybe less than air, but it still goes up. I think race teams use N2 because it is convenient.

Here is a thread for you:
    http://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.c...=120996&page=1

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Thread Information