Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Premium gasoline - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Premium gasoline

Sorry - the fact that it cost me over $45 to fill my tank today is absolute bulls**t. Can someone please tell me why, aside from speculation, the price for a gallon of gas is what it is?? And I don't want to hear about some refinery in texas having problems... This is go**am rediculous...

just my 274.9 cents...
    and I am complaining about the price of gas
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

I passed a station tonight on Rockville pike. 2.99 ding ding ding.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

The price at the Shell this morning was up to $2.939.

I found it even more odd that the Exxon across the street was only at $2.719. Even with the 5% off on my Shell card, that's almost a no-brainer. What kind of funky economics is playing out here?

The sticker on the fuel filler door of my 2000 328Ci calls for 91 octane, but I have been using 93 because I have never seen 91 anywhere other than the local Sunoco which is .10 per gal higher than the others.

I guess I will try the above mix to try to get 91 and cut gas costs.

I saw $2.75 of the cut-rate Citgo station in Bel Air, MD today for premium. Let's hope it is not up to $3.00 by the time this posts!

Just to let you know I saw $3.02 a gallon in CT on Sunday. It just ticks me off how it's spiraling up yet, diesel which cost less to refine is past Gas prices. When in it cost $42 to fill an E30 early tank it's just outrageous.

"As for the pricing, vj is partially correct, it has a lot to do with how the gas gets there, deep water economics plays a big part. Ever wonder why NJ has lower prices the we do? They have refineries, that equals less transportation costs."

This maybe true but why did Wyoming have the lowest price yesterday. It's taxed base also.

I am just fortunate to have bought stock in Exxon prior to the merger.

No Gas Price Content

I'd be interested in what the additive packages contain - any performance benefit, one package vs. another? Or is it just for a 'cleaner' engine, whatever the definition of cleaner is (less carbon buidup?). It seems to me that we talk about the additives as something special when they could be just one company's idea of what 'we' want...

Anywho, I'd like to talk to someone knowledgeable regarding formulations, and why they felt their formulation was 'better' than competitors. Include, if remotely possible, makers of the fancy stuff sold at Summit...

Best,

Pete

Here is a thread about generic brand gasoline on an excellent board for automotive discussion:
    http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/...5;t=003664;p=1

and this says that Chevron, Conoco, Phillips, 76, and Shell are the ones with the proper additive package. Don't know the status of Mobil, Exxon, Amoco, etc. Texaco outlets are mostly Shells now.
    http://www.toptiergas.com/index.html
    Gary ex-spinmeister
    "Drift it, but don't spin..." Tanner Foust, Fed Ex 10/29/06

Quote Originally Posted by ob325
    Now I'm not complaining about the price of gas--I swore I wouldn't do that until it hit $3/gallon, which may be next week.

But what I am complaining about is the willy-nilly raising of gas prices. My example is the Shell station close to the office.

All last week and most of this week it was $2.599 for premium. On Thursday morning (yesterday), I noticed it was up to $2.619 and by the time I went home last night it was up to $2.699. But what really got me this morning was that it was $2.819 . At this rate, it will be over $3 by tomorrow. This is just fishy because I know the premium demand didn't increase that much overnight and neither did the price of wholesale gas.

But I'm not complaining about the price of gas.
    Ok, I'm anxiously awaiting your rant on gas prices...

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaEric
    Ok, I'm anxiously awaiting your rant on gas prices...

---Eric
    It's still not $3 (at least it wasn't this morning--could be by afternoon). Ranting might be a bit more tame. Suddenly my spending $3+ for gas seems okay because I still have a home and car. And a bike, thankfully.

Now they are saying to expect $4. http://money.cnn.com/2005/08/31/news...ex.htm?cnn=yes

Quote Originally Posted by mlytle
    gas taxes vary by county, hence the price difference.

many years ago premium gas had detergents in it that other grades didn't. nowadays most all gas has detergents. no advantage to going with premium to reduce deposits.
    An article in the Post several years ago talked about the wholesalers having different prices for various parts of a county, even one as small as Arlington.
    The only apparent reason is marketing purposes.

Lee Highway in Arlington between Harrison and Lexington Streets has 5 stations and they all appear to me to have the cheapest brand-name gas this side of Woodbridge.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by ob325
    It's still not $3 (at least it wasn't this morning--could be by afternoon). Ranting might be a bit more tame. Suddenly my spending $3+ for gas seems okay because I still have a home and car. And a bike, thankfully.

Now they are saying to expect $4. http://money.cnn.com/2005/08/31/news...ex.htm?cnn=yes
    There are several sites that track gas prices. They all seem to be surpassing their server limits as people are scrambling to save a few dollars. http://www.marylandgasprices.com

---Eric

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaEric
    There are several sites that track gas prices. They all seem to be surpassing their server limits as people are scrambling to save a few dollars. http://www.marylandgasprices.com

---Eric
    I wonder if people are like my mom -- drive 40 miles roundtrip to save 5-10 cents on a gallon, not realizing they are spending more money just to get that savings. Funny how money, in a lot of aspects, is purely psychological.

i.e., stores that say 50% off original price get more people to come in than those that have sales that say, 25% off the already markdown price, i.e., if pants were marked down 50%, you get another 25% off. The amt. of discount advertised is more impt. than the actual price paid ...

Quote Originally Posted by NoSoup4U
    I wonder if people are like my mom -- drive 40 miles roundtrip to save 5-10 cents on a gallon, not realizing they are spending more money just to get that savings. Funny how money, in a lot of aspects, is purely psychological.

i.e., stores that say 50% off original price get more people to come in than those that have sales that say, 25% off the already markdown price, i.e., if pants were marked down 50%, you get another 25% off. The amt. of discount advertised is more impt. than the actual price paid ...
    You mean I won't save money by driving to the beach this weekend? I think I'll try it anyway.

---Eric

Banned
    Just paid $2.83 a gallon for Amoco Silver at the BP station on RT 28 just across the PW/Fairfax County line on Rt 28. I agree with Woody those stations on Rt 29 in arlington are the cheapest this side od Manassas and Catlett.

CNN is reporting that prices just spiked to $3.55/gal for premium in Atlanta, due to supply concerns.

Thread Information