Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
New Member / New Driver

Thread: New Member / New Driver

Post New Member / New Driver

I am buying a 1997 BMW 328is this morning, I will 'share' this with my son.

This will be my son's first car, he is learning to drive a manual, and safely. I started some autocrossing with the PCA in the fall, and my son is interested in trying autocross out once he is more comfortable in the car.

I did not see any Teen Street Survival courses offered locally, so I am looking at which ones fit our schedule for a road trip.

We are also interested in the DIY Tech sessions to learn some basic wrenching - I was considering an aluminum radiator replacement for longterm cooling reliability.

i am looking forward to learning more about the club and meeting more members - Martin and Tina Hudson are members of PCA and CCA and recommended several events to me.

Ken Larson (Dad)
    Ian Larson (son)

Herndon, VA
    ------
    1988 Porsche 911 Carrera ("Stache")
    1997 BMW 328is (license plate TBD)
    Last edited by Handlebar; 04-25-2015 at 02:29 PM.

Welcome both of you to the BMW CCA. The National Capital Chapter usually hosts 4 Street Survival Schools a year, but this year we find ourselves without the usual access to our two locations. We are working to secure suitable alternate sites and hope to offer Street Survival classes later this year. Check out http://streetsurvival.org/ if you're looking for something certain sooner. And he can always try one of our classes after doing one somewhere else. It's not unusual to see familiar faces of students repeating the class because they got so much out of the first class. Manual shift is the way to go!
    John

Welcome to you both! Hope you can make it out to an event soon. Some pretty good ones coming up like Deutsche Marque and our corral at Carlisle.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Thread Information