Hey guys,

I was putting in the big order today for the next stage of my e34 project, and noticed that the remanufactured calipers sold by BAV seem to have changed. Before they just said "reman calipers" and nothing else, now they have this big warning on them: Please Note: Price is for caliper housing only, you must reuse existing brake pad carrier bracket.

I could swear that they didn't say that before, but the price is the same. Remanufacturer is listed as Nugeon, which I also don't remember from before.

I talked to Jesse at BAV and he said that it's fine and it actually comes with a pad carrier bracket it's just not right for the e34, and so you wind up reusing the old one and returning the new as part of the core. He also swears he just did this on one of his cars. This all seems odd to me though, and I don't want to reuse the old one on my car since it is pretty eaten up. Also, the ones from Turner Motorsport don't say anything about this, and I have never encountered this with any other reman calipers for other cars.

Has anyone heard of this before?