Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
330i ZHP, overall opinions on them

Thread: 330i ZHP, overall opinions on them

330i ZHP, overall opinions on them

I am considering getting a used one next year, as my wife doesn't like to ride in my E30's except the Vert so, this would be viable option slightly longer wheelbase. Comfortable, sporty, 6spd for me room, for my kids but not much more.

Are there known problems with them? I have not heard of any.

Opinions good or bad are very welcome.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by M-technik-3
    I am considering getting a used one next year, as my wife doesn't like to ride in my E30's except the Vert so, this would be viable option slightly longer wheelbase. Comfortable, sporty, 6spd for me room, for my kids but not much more.

Are there known problems with them? I have not heard of any.

Opinions good or bad are very welcome.

Thanks.
    YES. Get one!!! I don't know too much about them, but I'm planning to get one 2-4 years from now once I can track down a solid and dependable track car.

Also, the price on them should be dropping dramatically (well under $30k) with the release of the E90.

*Chris

Banned
    Watch out for the trim around the doors, control arms, clutch and tranny.My brother has had problems with all the above on his E46. Trannie and the control arms were replaced under warranty.

The six speeds are dying? Why?

I've not heard of any systematic transmission problems outside of the E46 M3. (Mostly SMG eating synchros.)

The ZHP is a very nice car, so long as you can find a way to tolerate that abominable open diff. It drives me apeshit in my 323, and you'll have more power.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

I have a M50 powered E30 with S50 cams that I'll be keeping. Power is not a major factor. Open diff yuck hmm maybe M coupe diff will that work in a E46? I really don't pay much attention to the newer cars.

Like em but open diff on their budget m3 4 door? That's lame, traction control must be via brake dynamics correct?

You can either fit the entire rear axle and subframe from an E46 M3 or have one custome built. Either way, you spend $3-4K.

BTW, tomorrow doesn't work that well for scales. I'll be leaving early in the morning for Aberdeen, and won't be back until the evening.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Thread Information