Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Ceramic Pro

Thread: Ceramic Pro

Hybrid View

Ceramic Pro

A guy I work with was telling me about this product called Ceramic Pro which is supposed to protect your paint from damage and also make it so you rarely need to wash your car because stuff won't stick to it. I was wondering if anyone had heard of it or used it. It's supposedly fairly new to the US market.

Try it out and report back. Many like washing their car so its obviously not for everyone.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

There are a number of coating products in use these days. They need to be applied to an appropriately-prepped surface and in a controlled environment for best results. Check with Brian at http://www.speedfreakdetailing.com/#!contact/csvi for real world experiences and advice.
    Last edited by John in VA; 12-13-2014 at 12:39 PM.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

As many of you know, I was/am unhappy with the ability of "Blue Tang O" (my 135i Cabrio) to show fine scratches and dirt. After seeing this thread and doing my homework, I have decided to let the team at Capitol Shine have a go at the car. I spent time today in Arlington talking with them, and letting them inspect the car. It is going to be done in February, when I can leave the car for an extended time. I'm going with the complete Ceramic Pro package. This was the only surface coating that I can find that is tested and rated for hardness. I'll will update you all after it happens.
    Bob Stern
    MD BMW CLUB TAG # BMW 0868

Senior Moment - 2003 330Ci (gone)
    Blue Tang O - 2013 135i (now in her bed)

She is now home. The initial appearance is fantastic. They said it required more than 100 hours to clean and prep the car surface for the Ceramic Pro. I'll really know the results in a few weeks of exposure to the elements and driving it. I will try to get to Columbia and other club meetings to show how it looks. Anyone near Baltimore is welcome to contact me and come see it. Capitol Shine is now a club sponsor and you can get a discount on all their services.
    Bob Stern

Quote Originally Posted by SpongeBob View Post
    She is now home. The initial appearance is fantastic. They said it required more than 100 hours to clean and prep the car surface for the Ceramic Pro. I'll really know the results in a few weeks of exposure to the elements and driving it. I will try to get to Columbia and other club meetings to show how it looks. Anyone near Baltimore is welcome to contact me and come see it. Capitol Shine is now a club sponsor and you can get a discount on all their services.
    100 hours of prep!?, misprint?,

How much did it cost you ?

Prices vary depending on the amount of labor required to prepare the paint for the coating (removing scratches etc). Then there are different levels or coatings of Ceramic Pro that you can put on it. You have to get with Rob at Capitol Shine since, I think, every car is different. That being said, I'm trying to post a picture showing how the snow did not stick on the sides of the car but only on the hood, trunk and curved fenders. It looks AMAZING. So far, I'm glad I did it.
    Bob Stern

Can you ballpark the approximate cost for say, a 2012 5 Series? Just trying to get an idea to see if it's a viable option for me. I'm in Maryland. Will you be at the Social tonight?

1. Ballpark - NO. It all depends upon how much work is required to get the paint ready for coating (I think). Contact Rob at Capitol Shine and ask him.

2. Tonight - YES.
    Bob Stern

Definitely NOT a misprint. The car is 1 1/2 years old and had the scratches and swirl marks to prove it. It is necessary to totally remove all imperfections before the Ceramic Pro coating can be applied, or they will show underneath it. Were you at the Columbia gathering yesterday? If so, you would have noticed how - in the bright sunshine - you could see the clear coat marks on the dark cars there and compare it to the finish that is now on mine. Any more questions?
    Bob Stern

A snow update: Took the hose today and washed all the snow off. Then dried it. No soap. No washing. Car looks great. Ceramic Pro seems to be a good decision.
    Bob Stern

My Ceramic Pro job by Capitol Shine

Finished for the time being. I'm very pleased with the quality of the work they did. Here's a "before and after".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Before and AFTER.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	2121  
    Bob Stern

My car will be at the "Capitol Shine - Ceramic Pro" booth at the DM Concours on Sunday, May 3. Stop by and do your inspection!
    Bob Stern

It's been almost a month since the DM Concurs. Has anyone else had their car done with Ceramic Pro?
    Bob Stern

Thread Information