Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Becoming an NCC instructor - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Becoming an NCC instructor

Clarify

Quote Originally Posted by Jenson Button View Post
    "I was one of the Instructors at the Drifting School at the last Hype-R Fest. That School included a lot of skidpad time."
    TO CLARIFY: The above comment was made in reference to the 2005 Hype-R Fest. I was asked to instruct at the 2006 event but I was already committed to a race.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenson Button View Post
    "I think this is the event that afterwhich you proclaimed the track had been lubricated by peanut oil!?!?
    TO CLARIFY: The Drifting School on the Jefferson Circuit where the track surface was coated with peanut oil was at one of the very first Hype-R events. The peanut oil was used only once, as the BSR staff realized it wasn't the best idea they ever had.

Barry
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 10-25-2006 at 07:21 AM. Reason: fixed quote formatting
    Barry
    BMW CCA Instructor
    SCCA National racer
    =====================================
    2007 328xi Coupe in sparkling graphite
    2007 GT3
    ======================================
    1999 Civic Si: Races in SCCA showroom stock C
    PHOTO OF RACECAR:

http://www.motorsportsimaging.com/SC...01_04_0067.htm

There are many groups who use the 2 skidpads at Summit. The NCC does not have a monopoly on it's use for student or instructor training.
    I have been on the skidpad for 45 mins. alone, continuosly on several occaisions. Sometimes with BSR and other times with CarGuys, NJ or Del/Val BMW.
    I have seen Aryan (owner of CarGuys) doing laps in his dualie tow vehicle with his tail out on the skidpad.
    Furthermore, I am in full agreement with Barry Brown's assertation that the regular BSR professional instructors are the genuine article. They teach on the skidpad daily; it's their job. They also teach on the unimproved dirt/mud roads course. Frankly, this is even better than skidpad training as it employs the same skill set, but dynamically in real world situations. The graduation exercise is a timed lap in a 2-wheel drive Jeep. Barry knows as we both took this same course on the same day and Mr. Brown did a splendid time.
    Before anyone gets a "We are the best mentality" please realize that there are many sensei out there, not all of whom learned at the IA.
    Just my $0.02 worth. Gerry Chan
    1990 E30 M3 (white)
    2003 E46 M3 (white)
    1991 spec miata (blue)

who is current contact for experienced outside instructors to volunteer with NCC?

Quote Originally Posted by mlytle View Post
    who is current contact for experienced outside instructors to volunteer with NCC?
    Not sure.
    Might want to contact Pete Read at pete.read@boeing.com
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Thread Information