Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
e34 project continues: B&B exhaust system has been installed

Thread: e34 project continues: B&B exhaust system has been installed

e34 project continues: B&B exhaust system has been installed

Wanted to share some pictures of my new exhaust. When the BillyBoat stuff went on sale last month at BAV I decided to pull the trigger and get it done.

It's certainly louder than stock, but it is a nice assertive sound and there is hardly any cabin drone: cruising on the highway it quiets down a bit, but as soon as you get on the throttle the growl comes back. The neighbors say that while it's loud it's still better than the old one that had no baffles any more. All the stainless steel is really pretty, and my OCD makes me horribly tempted to put in new headers and cats to make it all pretty, but I know that would be an enormous waste of money that should be spent on other things... like the power steering overhaul that is next on the list.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140928_175958.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	2051Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140928_180106.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	2052Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140928_180126.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	2053

very nice!
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Send the manifolds to Jet-Hot and have them coated. Will look good and improve performance! I had them done on my E28.
    http://www.jet-hot.com/
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

how much was the exhaust ? whats the website ?

Billy Boat Exhausts - http://www.bbexhaust.com/car/e34/
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

I thought I was subscribed to the thread but I never got any notifications.... I guess that should teach me to check the forum more regularly!

My only complaint at this point with the system is that the bracket in the back to hold the muffler itself didn't line up quite right so it is not fully engaged with the body, making the muffler not perfectly level. The left side is slightly lower and this makes it look sightly wonky. However I understand that in the grand scheme of things $900 is on the low end for custom built exhausts and so the fact that it fits this well should satisfy me.

The normal price at BAV is $925, but they went on sale in September for 10% off. If you search around you might be able to find someone else that has them on sale. BAV did have the advantage that they happily drop-shipped it directly from B&B to Martin Motorsports, so I didn't have to wait for them to get it in stock first and also I didn't have to worry about it sitting on my porch unattended during the day.

John, what was the condition of your manifolds when you got them coated? That is to say, how rusty?

Stephen

Thread Information