Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
E36 6speed swap, who's been there, done that?

Thread: E36 6speed swap, who's been there, done that?

E36 6speed swap, who's been there, done that?

Putting a 420g 6 speed in my E36, any undocumented tips or things I should know? Anyone want to lend a hand or moral support?

Rich Sperry
    No matter where you go, there you are!

Haven't done it, but sounds like a cool project. Are you starting with a US spec 5spd M3 (most common as far as I know) or something else?
    Last edited by gmu525i; 10-31-2014 at 04:08 PM.

I'm putting it in my 1995 supercharged E36 M3, that I've owned since new. I kind of think of this as a good cleaning opportunity too..lol

When are you planning on doing the work...
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

Also, just out of curiosity, are you doing this for track/race purposes, or just for grins? Both answers are just fine of course... Have you run the numbers regarding weight change, gearing, etc?

I am certainly not a transmission expert, but I would want to make sure of actually seeing some benefit on the track or highway from the additional machinery for that extra gear before going to the trouble.

Sorry I'm late replying.

Work commences this Saturday. (Probably start on Friday, pulling the exhaust, and driveshaft.)

Why?... Good question, so here goes. With my 3.38 diff, it turns 3750 rpm at 80 mph. The 1-5 ratios are almost identicle, with 6th gear being a .86:1 overdrive. So it will have a lot less revs on the highway.

That and I wanted to put in a light weight flywheel, a new UUC SSK, and while I'm at it, a M5 clutch since the car makes 325 rwhp.

Wanna come watch?

Thread Information