Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
8/13/2005 Autocross Registration - Open - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 8/13/2005 Autocross Registration - Open

Quote Originally Posted by ob325
    Some timing that we'd have autocross events on the 2 weekends they were closing down the bridge!
    what bridge?

j/k, see ya there

time to show up is?

Hello all, I registered and am going to be in the 3rd heat I presume. I was wondering if there was a specific time I needed to be there, either to help out, or participate? I have not been to one of these events before, and couldn't find any info pertaining to this. Looking forward to coming out to play and meet some of the folks here.
    Thanks for any info,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by mpassioned
    Hello all, I registered and am going to be in the 3rd heat I presume. I was wondering if there was a specific time I needed to be there, either to help out, or participate? I have not been to one of these events before, and couldn't find any info pertaining to this. Looking forward to coming out to play and meet some of the folks here.
    Thanks for any info,
    Dave
    From the website:
    All events open for registration and technical inspection at 8:00 AM. Heats begin at 9:30 AM, with each heat following at approximately two hour intervals. Registration closes at noon. You must register at the event at least one hour prior to your heat or before registration closes, whichever is earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by AG
    From the website:
    Thanks for the info, I guess I won't be running until the afternoon then.

Quote Originally Posted by ChosenGSR
    j/k, see ya there
    U actually gonna show this time? :P
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

Quote Originally Posted by Diriclet
    U actually gonna show this time? :P
    Yeah, I think I'm bringing my girl also... I hope there is a helmet I can borrow for her to give her a ride during fun runs or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by mpassioned
    Thanks for the info, I guess I won't be running until the afternoon then.

This will help you a bit more.

http://www.nccbmwcca.org/autocross/introduction.html

Feel free to ask questions or request an instructor on your first couple of runs. Also there is a novice walk through of the course in between each heat.

Feel free to show up early to watch the other participants and pick up on what they are doing.

Pete

Thanks for the link Pete and the offer for help. I am new to your venues, and to Autocross in general, I've only done 1 other at Ft Meade years ago. I have significant racing exp though, and I presume that an M helmet is ok? I don't have an SA. I plan to come a little early, but don't want to sit out in the heat all day, and was wondering if anyone has a feel for how long these events usually last, or if it's still even possible to run in an earlier group. I wasn't sure what the turnout will be tomorrow either, and how long the respective heats will last (2 hrs each maybe?)? This is all last minute stuff, so no big deal if accomodations can not be made.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Dave

Looks like I won't make it tomorrow morning... slot 128 is now open.

I've just discovered a nasty grinding noise from the right front wheel... I have a feeling that it's probably the new ducted backing plate against the new rotor (or the old caliper against the new rotor ), but I'm not adventurous to try to fix it in the dark, after midnight, nor do I want to rush a repair at 6am.

And to think -- I just reinstalled the stock seat bracket in the 6er, meaning I can't fit in the big coupe with a helmet on...

Eric/Steven - PM me an email address to make a paypal payment for postage, or if either of you are going to be at Shenandoah, I'll just pickup the two plate frames there... (I will be there, in the E30, come hell or high water -- BMW's do float, right?)

Angry Traffic Woes

I got stuck on the Beltway, northern portion of the Inner Loop, and missed the event. Apparently a camper overturned somewhere around Colesville Road, though I didn't know that was the cause of the backup until I watched the news Saturday evening. I gave up after 90 minutes and headed back to Reston, not knowing how long the delay would be and wrongly thinking the worst: that the backup extended down to the Wilson Bridge from Bethesda.

Heard it was a great course. Sorry I missed out, though I doubt I was the only one.
    2004 Covette ZO6
    2008 Mustang Bullitt

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarris
    I got stuck on the Beltway, northern portion of the Inner Loop, and missed the event. Apparently a camper overturned somewhere around Colesville Road, though I didn't know that was the cause of the backup until I watched the news Saturday evening. I gave up after 90 minutes and headed back to Reston, not knowing how long the delay would be and wrongly thinking the worst: that the backup extended down to the Wilson Bridge from Bethesda.

Heard it was a great course. Sorry I missed out, though I doubt I was the only one.
    A bunch of us got stuck in traffic in the morning (495 construction). We hit it on the inner loop near 95 and got pretty worried. We started calling around trying to find someone awake who could find us an alternate route. Sorry to whoever got the 6:30-7am wakeup calls from us.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

It only took me about 30 minutes to get through the overturned trailer backup around 9:30, but they were starting to clean things up by then.

Thanks to everyone who worked to make the autocross a success. I had a good time despite the hot weather.
    Last edited by SMOODY; 08-15-2005 at 11:46 AM.
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

I uploaded some photos from this event.

http://www.nccbmwcca.org/gallery/sho...ry.php?cat=542

---Eric

Thread Information