Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
SpecE30 at HyperFest - Summit Point - July 16-17

Thread: SpecE30 at HyperFest - Summit Point - July 16-17

SpecE30 at HyperFest - Summit Point - July 16-17

I was wondering if anyone else was planning on heading up to Summit Point to catch the SpecE30 races? I was planning on heading up after the 1st heat of the AutoX on Saturday.

I'll be there both days (I'm hoping). I've been browsing/reading www.spece30.com for the last month or so now, and I'm planning to eventually buy and build a car this winter. However, I think the licensing may be the toughest for me.

SharkD, are you on SpecE30.com? I thought I saw you were planning to build an E30 for competition in this series?

I've talked to a couple members (of SpecE30.com) who said they were going to be racing and would give me some tips if I found them in the SpecE30 village in the paddock. If I'm off work all/most of the weekend, one of the members invited me to camp there.

Biggins, yeah, I'm slowly turning the 325iS into a SpecE30 car -- that's why I bought it, originally. And yes, I'm on the SpecE30 forums and the Yahoo group (though I'm not very active).

By happenstance, I ended up parking next to Steve Kapuschansky in the paddock at the June VIR NCC/Audi/MB school and he convinced me to come out to HyperFest and meet some of the SpecE30 racers face-to-face.

See you there...

- Dan Smith

Something has come up (as I thought would) and I will not be able to make it. I could go Sunday, but I committed to the Philly SCCA autoX. My friends will be there, but they'll be more excited about the car show and drifting I'm sure. Please let me know some little things that you learn after speaking with some of the SpecE30 guys.

-Chris

Yeah

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD
    I was wondering if anyone else was planning on heading up to Summit Point to catch the SpecE30 races? I was planning on heading up after the 1st heat of the AutoX on Saturday.
    I just agreed to instruct at the Hype-R Fest on Saturday. Don't know what I'll be doing, but in the past I instructed at the Drifting School and I piloted a BSR car in the Hype-R drives (high-speed laps).
    Barry
    Barry
    BMW CCA Instructor
    SCCA National racer
    =====================================
    2007 328xi Coupe in sparkling graphite
    2007 GT3
    ======================================
    1999 Civic Si: Races in SCCA showroom stock C
    PHOTO OF RACECAR:

http://www.motorsportsimaging.com/SC...01_04_0067.htm

Thread Information