Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Track configuration for August school
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Track configuration for August school

Question Track configuration for August school

Since this is the first time we will run on the Shenandoah course and since there are multiple configurations of the track do we know which track configuration we will be using? Will we be running both directions?

Actually, the track looks more like this now:
    http://www.emraracing.org/image/Shenandoah_track.jpg

However, the bridge straight going into the karrousel still exists, so you have the option of using the karrousel or skipping it via the bus stop.

I ran the Shenandoah back in April with the NJ chapter and we used the full configuration in CCW direction.

Is the turn at flag station #8 as nasty as it looks on the "new" map?

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD
    Is the turn at flag station #8 as nasty as it looks on the "new" map?
    Are you referring to taking that turn while coming from the bus stop?

July 20th will be an Instructor Orientation day for our instructors on the Shenandoah. They will discuss it afterwards.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

SharkD,
    Thanks for the updated track map.

1996 328ti,
    I'll watch this thread for the final decision after July 20th if you will post the update here.

Registration ends July 15 for the August school.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

...bump...

Any word on the track configuration?

The instructors had an orientation day last Wednesday. In the morning we ran the full course including the pit straight and the very tight "range esse".
    In the afternoon we used the cut-thru road to eliminate the pit straight and the "range straight", eliminating the tight esse.

There were many different opinions as to the best configuration(s) considering safety, teaching, and fun factors. Nothing is cast in stone yet, and it is possible that the configuration will vary from Saturday to Sunday. I can guarantee that whatever we use will be fun.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Just wondering if the confirmation emails have gone out? I hadn't noticed one, but I might have missed it in a recent deluge of spam.

Thanks.

I do not believe emails have gone out. There is a very good chance that anyone who registered will be in. There is a tech form on the website if you need one.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

E-Mails are out. I got my confirmation on Sunday. See you there.

I guess I need to get those new brake pads on.
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by SMOODY
    I guess I need to get those new brake pads on.
    I hear that -- the E30's getting new Blues, Powerdiscs & calipers (don't have time to rebuild the current set, right now) up front and C1144's on the rears... In addition to Barry Brown's old Hankook R-Comps....

I really don't want my future SpecE30 car to end up like "Heidi":

I definetly do not want my nice e46 to end up looking like that. I am putting new Hawk HPS pads on and new ATE Super Blue fluild. That should be good enough to get through my first Driver School.
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

Nah, you'll be fine -- just take it at whatever speed you're comfortable with and don't worry about how fast anyone else is taking the track (as last year's Chief Instructor, Miriam, used to say: "Leave your ego behind, when you leave your house for the track.")

Also, your E46 is going to have a much more neutral setup than my stripped-out track rat E30.

Congrats on taking the plunge.

Thread Information