Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Help!

Thread: Help!

Exclamation Help!

I'm from Pa and entered agreement to purchase a 99 528i. Since I have not seen the car and things are so - so.I'm asking for help. The car is for sale at a lot in Manassas Va. I need a 3rd party to look over the car . Any help of course I will pay. Please call me @ 215-855-1468, cell 267-261-7598. I have been a club member since 88 and I'm very nervious about this. Again Thanks Tim Collier e-mail tlcoll5866@aol.com

Comeon folks. Anyone in Manassas that can help?
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Banned
    Tim,

Where is the car located in Manassas? If it is one of the used car lots on Route 28 I would avoid? If it is at a dealer in Manassas or Auto Advantage than it might be a good deal. If its on Rt 28 on the Centerville side of Old town Manassas I can take a look for you.

Dave APker

Quote Originally Posted by timothy collier
    I'm from Pa and entered agreement to purchase a 99 528i. Since I have not seen the car and things are so - so.I'm asking for help. The car is for sale at a lot in Manassas Va. I need a 3rd party to look over the car . Any help of course I will pay. Please call me @ 215-855-1468, cell 267-261-7598. I have been a club member since 88 and I'm very nervious about this. Again Thanks Tim Collier e-mail tlcoll5866@aol.com

I would agree with Dave. Depending on which dealer it is, I would be nervous. If it is AutoAdvantage, then I would not be worried. I bought both of my cars there and I have been very pleased.
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

Thanks for your replys, The name of the dealer is Cyrus Motor Company 9122 Antique Way in Manassas. The car is a 99 528i sport, 5 speed. I was to pick-up the car on Wed but they had to put in a new clutch. So on the 13 I'm to travel down to get the car. Carfax good, I ran it through BMWNA and everything okay, but still sight unseen? I guess I'm from the old school. Thanks Tim Collier 88 528e, 73 2002tii, 03 VW Passat Wagon (wife's)

Duncan: The dealer is Cyrus Motor Company, 9122 Antique Way Manassas. I'm sorry I'm not use to post these messages. Tim Collier

I've seen some of Cyrus's vehicles for sale on Ebay ... I believe super cheap. I have no experience with them. I did call about an M5 they had for once; but, they did not answer my questions to my liking so I passed.

If no one else can help, pm me ... I live rather far from manassas; but, I've been in your situation before (i.e., N.C. looking) and people have helped me. Although, I've never owned an E39 5-series.

My suggestion, if you REALLY want to be safe ... have them take it for a PPI to a BMW dealership (local) at your cost. If they are unwilling to do that, then pass on the car.

Banned
    Tim, If they can have the car out for inspection Saturday, Sunday, Monday or Tuesday I can stop by and take a look. Prefer the car outside in natural sunlight. Moay afternoon about 320pm would be great because its is on the way to my herding lesson.

Dave

Duncan: The dealer is Cyrus Motor Company, 9122 Antique Way Manassas. I'm sorry I'm not use to post these messages. Tim Collier

Thumbs up

Duncan: I will call them Monday AM. To tell them you are stopping by for a look see. I will make sure that the car is outside. Again Thank you Tim Collier

Banned
    Duncan: I will call them Monday AM. To tell them you are stopping by for a look see. I will make sure that the car is outside. Again Thank you Tim Collier
    I checked out the car for Tim. Just a quick look had to get to herding lesson in 95 degree heat. Anyhow car looked good from 10ft. However the gaps between the fenders and the hood and trunk and fenders semmed to be off. Fender s and hood seemed to be off and the trnasition between the two was rough. alos I did not see any VIN gas on the front fenders or hood. Car had probably been resprayed.

Engine bay was spotless. Hope it was cleaned and detailed correctly.

An as I told Tim it is not a place I would feel comfortable buying a car from of any make.

Thread Information