Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
What does everyone do for a living?
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What does everyone do for a living?

What does everyone do for a living?

Let's fire up this forum a little and spark up some conversation!

I'm a business analyst (also NASD registered/licensed) for a investment firm-I specialize in asset management/institutional trading (buy-side) technology solutions.

Been in finance since I graduated college-started off as a financial planner, worked on a sales desk for a mutual fund company, then worked as a trader for 5 years during the mid to late 90's bull market (where I ate a roll of Tums everyday-seriously!), then went into the technology side of the biz about 5 years ago.

Interesting Jed, I am a Programmer downtown Baltmore. I guess I am not too far from what you did/do. I mainly write software/asps dealing with NSCC trading. Graduated UMBC a few months ago.

I'm a business consultant at a company in Bethesda.

Pete

I manage a Target store up here in Aberdeen, MD. Been w/ Target about nine years, prior to that I was in the Marine Corps for 8 yrs.

I work for "the man"

Quote Originally Posted by ChosenGSR
    Interesting Jed, I am a Programmer downtown Baltmore. I guess I am not too far from what you did/do. I mainly write software/asps dealing with NSCC trading. Graduated UMBC a few months ago.
    Really! Do you work for a software application company or directly for an investment firm?

There are only 2 real major ones (now that Alex Brown/Deutche Bank has moved to NYC for the most part and any Ops support and developement work is done in Hunt Valley) based out of downtown Baltimore. Used to work for 1 and now working for the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Jed
    Quote Originally Posted by ChosenGSR
    Really! Do you work for a software application company or directly for an investment firm?

There are only 2 real major ones (now that Alex Brown/Deutche Bank has moved to NYC for the most part and any Ops support and developement work is done in Hunt Valley) based out of downtown Baltimore. Used to work for 1 and now working for the other.
    I guess we do a little of both. www.gailweiss.com

Very cool! Sounds very specialized. I see that a couple of the higher ups are from the companies that I work/worked for. Working with mutual fund trading you probably are familiar with DST as well I imagine.

How do you like it there?

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick
    I manage a Target store up here in Aberdeen, MD. Been w/ Target about nine years, prior to that I was in the Marine Corps for 8 yrs.
    Hey, I shop at your store all the time!

Alex

Very cool! Sounds very specialized. I see that a couple of the higher ups are from the companies that I work/worked for. Working with mutual fund trading you probably are familiar with DST as well I imagine.

How do you like it there?
    Yeah I am somewhat familiar with DST. I like it alright, I hate downtown and the hastle associated with driving there very day. But otherwise I can't compain being 22 out of school making good cash for my age.

Too funny. You do the Water Street happy hour on Fridays? I'm usually down there. Sometimes at the blackjack tables or watching my buddies play Texas Hold 'Em.

Too funny. You do the Water Street happy hour on Fridays? I'm usually down there. Sometimes at the blackjack tables or watching my buddies play Texas Hold 'Em.
    No I haven't, I rarely get out to the bars in all honesty... not much of a drinker anymore. We should meet up sometime though...

Quote Originally Posted by BahnBaum
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick
    Hey, I shop at your store all the time!

Alex
    Hey, stop in and say hey sometime. I'm there everyday except Thursday and you'll know I'm there if you see my '01 330 parked at the end of the lot, kinda in line with the front doors...it's silver

Is this the Target that is up the street from Ripken Stadium on 22 ?

I get paid to reach the end of the Internet. Been 4 times, working on the 5th.

Thread Information