Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
NCC logo
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NCC logo

NCC logo

Hi,
    Has anyone thought about changing the NCC logo? I think it doesnt look nice for the clubs image especially that NCC being the biggest club in America.
    I nicer/cooler logo will attract more DMV members and club merchandise sales will increase.
    Thats just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by eldogo View Post
    Hi,
    Has anyone thought about changing the NCC logo? I think it doesnt look nice for the clubs image especially that NCC being the biggest club in America.
    I nicer/cooler logo will attract more DMV members and club merchandise sales will increase.
    Thats just my thoughts.
    Not a fan of the M stripes, the capitol car, or both? If you want to work up a logo, i'll take a look at it.

I doubt that anyone isn't joining because of the logo and we've never sold much merchandise historically. But, I'm open to seeing what you have to propose.
    Last edited by pseto; 07-02-2014 at 01:18 PM.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

A little history - the chapter's present logo is based on the logo the National Capital Chapter adopted for the 1996 Oktoberfest, which was organized and hosted by this chapter. It's been modified to satisfy BMW NA, which insists on having its legal department approve all BMWCCA logos, even though the club is an independent organization. For 20-years prior to that the National Capital Chapter logo was based on the logo for the 1976 Oktoberfest, also organized and hosted by this chapter. It used stars and stripes in the blue and white quadrants of the BMW Roundel. You can find it on old issues of der Bayerische posted elsewhere on this website.

Quote Originally Posted by jhm5 View Post
    A little history - the chapter's present logo is based on the logo the National Capital Chapter adopted for the 1996 Oktoberfest, which was organized and hosted by this chapter. It's been modified to satisfy BMW NA, which insists on having its legal department approve all BMWCCA logos, even though the club is an independent organization. For 20-years prior to that the National Capital Chapter logo was based on the logo for the 1976 Oktoberfest, also organized and hosted by this chapter. It used stars and stripes in the blue and white quadrants of the BMW Roundel. You can find it on old issues of der Bayerische posted elsewhere on this website.
    So if we were chosen to host next year's OFest, we would have been required to change our logo LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    So if we were chosen to host next year's OFest, we would have been required to change our logo LOL.
    No, we would have designed a logo for the O'Fest and then adapted it for the chapter's new logo.

BTW, there are two versions of the logo in use, one that is approved by BMW AG (yes, motherland) and follows the exact guidelines/templates created by BMW AG. The other is the version with the modified M stripes and the Capitol car (which also appears in the first "legal/official" version).

I think this was the first chaptet logo.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ncc-color-logo.gif 
Views:	217 
Size:	4.1 KB 
ID:	2031

Chapters haven't designed the Ofest logo for several years.

That being said I thought the signet of the logo should include something relating to Baltimore, NoVA and DC.
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 06-25-2014 at 05:34 PM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Steven, that's actually the second logo. Go back to a 1975 der Bayerische and you'll see the earliest logo, also a circle with the Capitol and CCA map inside. The '76 Oktoberfest logo followed a theme. It was America's 200th birthday and O'fest was in the Nation's Capital, Silver Spring actually. And more trivia, '76 was the 3rd Oktoberfest hosted by this chapter. 1971 also was in the DC area, Lanham.

John

I think this was the first chaptet logo.

Name:	ncc-color-logo.gif 
Views:	217 
Size:	4.1 KB 
ID:	2031

Chapters haven't designed the Ofest logo for several years.

Here's the 1996 O'Fest logo.

Name:	Oktoberfest '96.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	2032
    Last edited by BMW0299; 06-25-2014 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jhm5 View Post
    Steven, that's actually the second logo. Go back to a 1975 der Bayerische and you'll see the earliest logo, also a circle with the Capitol and CCA map inside. The '76 Oktoberfest logo followed a theme. It was America's 200th birthday and O'fest was in the Nation's Capital, Silver Spring actually. And more trivia, '76 was the 3rd Oktoberfest hosted by this chapter. 1971 also was in the DC area, Lanham.

John
    Forgot about that one.

Name:	logo.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	9.7 KB 
ID:	2033

And a proposal to host Ofest in 2006 was turned down by CCA. I think it was for 06.
    Seem to remember it was 10 years after the last one.
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 06-25-2014 at 07:01 PM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Thanks for the response @pseto
    Everything about the current logo is a bit too simple and especially the car doesn't represent BMW's at all. Ill try to come up with a concept and see if you'll like it.

Quote Originally Posted by eldogo View Post
    Thanks for the response @pseto
    Everything about the current logo is a bit too simple and especially the car doesn't represent BMW's at all. Ill try to come up with a concept and see if you'll like it.
    Cool, send it over when you're done. The capital car has been around for quite a while, and as you can see above, the history of our logo has always represented something unique about this area (the vast majority of other chapter logos across the US are similar).

I'm definitely open to seeing a new logo, although I'll warn you that the process isn't too swift especially if BMWAG has to get involved. One last thing, please do NOT include anything trademarked by BMW (especially the roundel) as we will not be able to use it.
    Last edited by pseto; 07-02-2014 at 01:21 PM.

Redskins is available.

Quote Originally Posted by gwilson View Post
    Redskins is available.
    Talk about trademark infringement.
    Besides, the NCC area covers MD, NoVa and Eastern WV with the largest cities probably being DC and Baltimore.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Not sure if this is the new logo, but it's creative...

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412880687.997743.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	8.0 KB 
ID:	2060

Sorry to jump in late on this topic, but what drew me here is seeing what might have been a proposed new logo on some Facebook posts recently. I'll cut some corners and just say it was "///NCC" (Add the M colors in your mind)
    I read through this thread, and if the tri-color stripe makes it ineligible, well so it goes.
    Without attempting to tick anyone off, I am very proud to belong to the chapter, but I will not put the current logo on my car (except for the magnetic signs that might be used at an event) nor will I buy any clothing or gear that uses it - sorry. I'm sure it has some cool meaning(s) to some members but it is just too cartoonish (not in a good way) for me.
    Looking forward to a new chapter logo. Let me know if I can help out.
    2009 E82 135i - Space Gray/Gray Leather, Steptronic, Premium, Sport, Cold Weather -BMW Performance: Exhaust, Suspension, Front & Rear Rotors, sideskirts, trunk spoiler, kidney grilles - Dinan: Stage 2 ECU, Cold Air Intake, Oil Cooler, Suspension Bushings, Strut Brace - Quaife: LSD - Sirius, BMW hard-wired NUVI Nav - and lovin' every mile of it!

Thread Information