Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Other Event 08/23/2016 - 08/28/2016 - 47th Annual Oktoberfest (Monterey, CA)

Thread: 08/23/2016 - 08/28/2016 - 47th Annual Oktoberfest (Monterey, CA)

08/23/2016 - 08/28/2016 - 47th Annual Oktoberfest (Monterey, CA)

We are going back to Monterey and Laguna Seca.
    BMW will be the featured marque at the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion the previous weekend.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Already plan to be there...Jeff
    Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Euro View Post
    Already plan to be there...Jeff
    Me too! Will probably be the best ever!
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Road Trip! It's a perfect excuse for a cross country drive. O'fest 2013 Monterey was my excuse for an 8300 mile drive last year. A few dozen NCC members were there. I also used O'fest 1985 in Monterey as the excuse for my first cross country drive. It's a BIG country! Monterey is the center of many, many classic car events in August, so O'fest is just part of the fun. This will be BMW's 100th birthday. Of course, BMWCCA Oktoberfest is always an excuse for a road trip, even if it's a short one to New Jersey.

John

A few of us from the North East (Boston and New York) are also planning a cross country trip to attend. Details are coming together. A few thoughts (lubricated by a few beers) are, plan a Northern and Southern route to Monterey, with per-arranged hotel(s) & rates along the route. Also arranging (Intercity) shipping to get our cars back home. I'll be coordinating with my local chapters - and with anyone else the BMW CCA deems appropriate to get the word out.

Thanks,
    Tom

Sounds like a perfect Road Trip; I believe I'll plan to travel across the counrty for this event. Put me in coach!
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

Quote Originally Posted by VBigDog View Post
    A few of us from the North East (Boston and New York) are also planning a cross country trip to attend. Details are coming together. A few thoughts (lubricated by a few beers) are, plan a Northern and Southern route to Monterey, with per-arranged hotel(s) & rates along the route. Also arranging (Intercity) shipping to get our cars back home. I'll be coordinating with my local chapters - and with anyone else the BMW CCA deems appropriate to get the word out.

Thanks,
    Tom
    We discussed shipping our cars back/forth to Monterey at this year's O'Fest, so please keep us in the loop.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    We discussed shipping our cars back/forth to Monterey at this year's O'Fest, so please keep us in the loop.
    Will do. To accommodate as many folks as possible, will plan logistics for a 3 week format: Week 1; drive from eastern seaboard to Monterey. Week 2; enjoy California, coastal drives, anniversary events etc., Week 3; drive back to East coast, this all coupled with some folks shipping their cars one direction or the other, picking/choosing whatever works for them.

I have a business relationship with Wyndham Hotels, and will try to get a BMW CCA rate at hotels 400-500 miles apart for the trip routes. Anyone can hive up as they like on any given day and caravan across the country.

In broad strokes:
    -Decide on caravan dates for a 5 or 6 day crossing
    -identify reference northern and southern routes, combination of scenic and efficient. Departure cities, New York City area and Winston-Salem, NC?
    -choose stopover/overnight cities with easy logistics
    -get sample logistics to local CCA chapters for input and revisions
    -push the trip planning to this central board (I typically only visit the E9 board).

Trying to keep the format logistically easy and flexible, with no rules or requirements per se. Any and all suggestions welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    Only issue with that is unless you can fill an entire carrier there is no guarantee of delivery.
    That is a busy week for car carriers as most of them are in Monterey for Autoweek heading out.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Just take off 3 weeks, 4 if you can, and drive round trip. Some folks from our chapter shipped cars one-way for last year's Monterey O'fest. As Steven notes, scheduling car shipment that time in August is tough. You can't assume prompt shipment, so you might be without your ride a while. You're probably looking at $1,500, likely more, for one-way shipping.
    How about this? Fly one way. Buy a car there (or sell yours there). Start shopping now for a nice rust-free California car.

John

This one may be bigger than the last with BMW being the featured marque at Festorics.
    We had to turn away walk up registrations.
    Also trying to get unlimited noise restrictions at Laguna.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Thread Information