Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Want to drive the VIR full course…at night?

Thread: Want to drive the VIR full course…at night?

Want to drive the VIR full course…at night?

After a year-long hiatus from racing, a buddy and I are building a new Volvo 940 for entry in the ChumpCar VIR 24 hours. The race is August 8-10 and will start in the North course, but will include the full course for the night session. Because of some recently new parents, we're low on drivers for the race, so I'm here looking to see if anyone is interested. The total cost for driving is $1,500—that includes food at the race, our race entry fee, and a ChumpCar racing license.

More info:

This will be my 7th ChumpCar/LeMons race; I started out in California with a BMW 325es (Team Jaywatch AKA Hella Shitty Racing AKA The Sonoma Boys). A few years ago I moved back to Arlington and built a Volvo 850 that we ran in the ChumpCar VIR 24 hours once, twice at the ChumpCar Nelson Ledges 25:25.25, and one-and-a-half times at the 24 Hours of LeMons Capitol Offense race.

The one-and-half times was because of an unfortunate racing incident in 2012 that destroyed the car. Driver walked away with only bruising and a broken toe, despite it being a nasty wreck.

After taking a year off, we're building a new car, this time a 940, which has much more horsepower than the 850 (which was rated at 85hp). The last time we did this VIR race in the 850, we were up to 16 out of 84 cars in the field with 3 hours to go when we lost a tie rod. With the same discipline (running the whole time is better than running hard for a short time) and some better luck, we're definitely poised to make the top 10. Did I mention you get to drive at night? If you haven't been on a racetrack at night, well, it's like the first time you got on a track, but better. Since we've been doing this a while, we've also got the lights to make night racing an exciting time, without being scary.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5997511375_e58090f079_z_d.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	2028   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6233158512_368373520b_z_d.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	2029  
    Drew
    1997 Boston Green ///M3 Coupe

Thread Information