For the first time in several years, I have a BMW that is under the factory warranty. I had continued using the dealerships for my other car's service until I finally got fed up with getting my car back in worse cosmetic shape than when I dropped it off. I've very particular and I probably pickup on and get annoyed on things that other people overlook.

It's always been a lot of silly stuff at the dealership--scratches on my airbox cover, missing pastic fasteners, my door trim was loose and was flapping off one time after they had worked on my vapor barrier, loose trim around the gearshift after transmission mount replacement, a ding on my fender probably from a tool being dropped on it, cracked trim on my console (looks like they used it as a fulcrom when prying up the gear shift trim, they broke one of the door mounted tweeter speakers and used black good to hold it in place, the same thing with a screw plug and also but a big scrach in my door release when using a tool to pop out the screw plug there, a cracked roundel wheel cap during a tire change, I went to use my fog lights one time and they didn't come on... took it back in and was told that the wires weren't connected.... I even got my car back one time missing the antenna!--they took it off to run it though the carwash--which upset me even more because I had just clayed and polished my car, and it was spotless when I brought it in and came back with water spots from going through a car wash and no doubt more micro scratches that I had just spent a weekend polishing out...

I've had good luck with an independent shop ever since--and the independent shop fixed an unresolved 5 year old issue that 3 separate BMW service centers in two different states weren't able to resolve.

I've already taken Rockville and Towson BMW off my list as acceptable locations for service--I had followed my service advisor from Rockville to Towson and it was a comment from the service manager at Towson about my car being old when complaining about scraches they had made on my interrior trim during a service that made me finally decide that I had enough of dealership service.

I've seen bad Reviews for both Silver Spring and Catonsville BMW online...So now I'm left wondering... Should I even trust a dealership with my car that's under warranty, or should I just pay out of pocket to have a low mileage service done at my independant shop that I'm pretty sure won't screw anything up. I'd had to have my car in for a service that's probably not even needed only to have them mess something up.

I'm wondering if anyone else that is very particular like me has used a service center that has proven to be very detail oriented.

There is also an open campain for replacing a battery cable that I'm told they have to take apart part of my dash or pull up my carpet to replace... (Campaign 0061760300 "B61 02 13, E8x E9x Battery Cable") Has anyone had this done? Did they mess anything up?

Thanks!

Drew