- Second generation of the world’s first Sports Activity Coupe
- New rear-wheel drive X6 sDrive35i
- Improved performance for the V8 X6 xDrive50i

Woodcliff Lake, NJ – June 5, 2014 6:00pm EDT/3:00pm PDT. . .
With the introduction of the all-new 2015 BMW X6, the company celebrates the second generation of the world’s first-ever Sports Activity Coupe. When the company took the bold step of combining the performance of a BMW Sports Activity Vehicle with the emotional design character of a traditional coupe, BMW created a vehicle concept that the market had not yet even conceived of. With global sales of 250,000 X6s to date, it is clearly a concept that the marketplace has embraced. In addition to an updated and even more extroverted design, the new X6 introduces the first rear-wheel drive model in the line-up with the X6 sDrive35i, powered by BMW’s award-winning 300-horsepower TwinPower Turbo inline six. It joins models with xDrive, BMW’s intelligent all-wheel drive system – the BMW X6 xDrive35i and the X6 xDrive50i featuring BMW’s updated 445-horsepower TwinPower Turbo 4.4-liter V8. All models are equipped with BMW’s 8-speed Steptronic sport automatic transmission. The new 2015 BMW X6 will again be produced exclusively at the company’s production facility in Spartanburg, South Carolina and will arrive in US showrooms in late 2014. Pricing will be announced closer to launch.
Exterior design: dynamic proportions, fluid lines, striking accents.
The design of the new BMW X6 body combines the robust presence of a BMW Sports Activity Vehicle® with the hallmark sporting elegance of the brand’s Coupes to create an unmistakably athletic appearance. The long hood, long wheelbase, short front overhang and set-back passenger compartment are characteristic design features of a BMW. Its high window sill and large wheel arches highlight the Sports Activity Coupe’s ties to the BMW SAV family.
Dynamic proportions and flowing lines reflect its sporty, agile handling on the road. The muscular and robust aspects of the vehicle’s design point to its versatility and appetite for action off the beaten track. At the front of the vehicle, the X-shaped contour lines of the bumper, the matt-silver underbody protection, the particularly powerful design of the BMW kidney grille and the arrangement of the twin circular headlights along front LED foglights are the most prominent signature features of a BMW SAV. The large headlight units reach all the way to the BMW kidney grille and extend outwards well into the fenders. Sweeping chrome inserts and the prominently three-dimensional design of the lights underline the sophisticated character of the standard Xenon headlights. Optional Adaptive LED Headlights can be specified for the new BMW X6.
Download the entire newsletter.

More...