Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
BMW to Announce Sauber Deal Today.

Thread: BMW to Announce Sauber Deal Today.

Banned

BMW to Announce Sauber Deal Today.

BMW will announce its deal wtith Sauber today. They may acquire the team or just supply engines. Good riddance to Williams.

Banned

BMW Purchases Sauber

BMW purchased Sauber outright and will not just supply engines. According to BMW they want a full intergrated team.

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

so is this good/bad for us? I am just recently getting into F1...

Quote Originally Posted by ChosenGSR
    so is this good/bad for us? I am just recently getting into F1...
    Good (hopefully). The bigger question is what will happen with F1 after the USGP garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Minardi press release/Paul Stoddart
    Not a weekend has gone by where some, or all, of the teams are not discussing or disputing these regulations. This is so much the case that it is common knowledge the manufacturers have proposed their own series commencing January 1, 2008, and this is supported by at least two of the independent teams. The general perception is that, in many instances, these issues have become personal, and it is my opinion that was a serious contributory factor to the failure to find a solution that would have allowed all 20 cars to compete in Sunday’s United States Grand Prix.
    ---Eric

Here is Fox Sports article on it.

http://msn.foxsports.com/motor/story/3709876

---Eric

It looks like the Sauber name will kept alive:
    http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns15922.html

---Eric

Too many rule changes in such a short period. F1 has seriosly become a billion dollar circus, Races that tarvel all over the world, I am just glad it has not become a spec style race.

WRC is going thru some changes to with Peugot finished and Citrone on a 1 year hiatus.

Quote Originally Posted by M-technik-3
    Too many rule changes in such a short period. F1 has seriosly become a billion dollar circus, Races that tarvel all over the world, I am just glad it has not become a spec style race.

WRC is going thru some changes to with Peugot finished and Citrone on a 1 year hiatus.
    If you think it is a circus now, imagine what the theme park is going to be like:
    http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns15805.html

---Eric

Having been to the UAE on numerous occasions I can believe that 3 ring.

Banned
    Bernie and Max dont care about the racing just the the profit and lining their pockets. Bernie does care about one other thing but I dont want to libel him.

Problem with NASCAR and F1 is that all they care about is the sponsors. The quality of the racing is not a priority. NASCAR it is just racertainment. NASCAR has become the WWE in cars but without a predetermined winner most of the time. F1 is just rolling billboards. Now I would have gone to Australia for a race, Spa, Monza and Monaco but I am sorry I have no desire go to Singapore, China or the PG for an F1 race. And I have never wanted to go to Indy to see an F1 race when I can go to Montreal. They might as well have it WV there isn't any difference. Actually WV would be a step up from Indy.

The France family is out to suck up all the sponsorship dollars in the US.
    They dont give a damn about road racing in the US. All they care about is
    getting and keeping sponsors in NASCAR and if Grand Am helps them obtian this goal they will fund and eat the losses from Grand Am.

Dave Apker

Thread Information