Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
'74 Tii and a '72 Alpina
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: '74 Tii and a '72 Alpina

'74 Tii and a '72 Alpina

Hi everyone,
    I need some help please. I have a '74 2002tii that needs some body work and I want to do some modifications (5 speed conversion among other things). If I find the right shop, I would also like to do at full color change (the previous owner messed it all up). I need to find a shop that first knows these cars, and knows what to do.
    Second subject, I have a '72 2002 that is mostly stripped (I can finish the rest of it withing a day or two). The previous owner put on the Alpina fiberglass flares so he could put on some wider wheels. He had a good idea, but his work was not so good. I want to turn this baby into an Alpina tribute car, but better (as if it would be possible). It needs body work, by someone that know their way around steel and fiberglass, major engine work, and interior work. I guess I need help in every department.

Let me know if you also know a good upholstery/interior person. I want to do something other than original leather.

The shops need to be within a 100 mile radius of Great Falls, VA. 22066

Thank you for helping.
    I will keep you guys in the loop with photos.

Shawn
    '08 Alpina B7
    '74 2002tii
    '72 2002 A4
    '67 Unimog 404s
    '08 Jeep Wrangler JK
    Last edited by Shahrokh; 05-06-2014 at 03:06 PM.

Hi again,
    I forgot to mention, I live in Great Falls, VA. 22066 and it would be good if I find someone within a 100 mile radius.

Thank you

I would contact BMW Excluservice in Rockville MD and talk to them about what you're attempting. http://www.bmwexcluservice.com/
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

John,
    I went there a few months ago, and the guy I talked to didn't show any interest in my projects. He barely took the time to look at my Tii, and he wouldn't even give me a written estimate for the body work and the painting. I like to give my business to someone who loves these cars, and loves what he does. He might have been too busy, or thought I wasn't serious.

Thank you for taking the time to look at my post.

Shawn

Times change... Lothar, the previous owner of that shop, has contacts with body shops and upholsterers in the area. I'll get back to you.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

What about Quality Car Care on Stone (I think) in Rockville? Are they still around?
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

QCS - Talk to Bob, the owner. Tell him Doug sent you (with the Phoenix Yellow M3)

Quality Car Services, Ltd.
    210 North Stonestreet Avenue
    Rockville, MD 20850-1653
    TEL: 301-340-8269

http://qualitycarservicesltd.com
    '11 Alpinweiss 3 E71 X6
    '08 Silverstone II E92 M3
    '05 Phoenix Dinan S2 E46 M3
    '04 Alpine E83 X3
    '99 Estoril E36/8 M Coupe
    '29 Ford Model A 'Special Coupe'

You're not likely to find one shop to do mechanical, body/paint and upholstery, unless it's a restoration place.
    bmw2002faq.com is an excellent source of information about 2002s. You might post inquiry there.

Shawn,
    I sent you an email.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Shawn,

This place seems to be right up your alley. Posted a few weeks ago...

http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/showthrea...-Reformers-LLC

You guys are all great. Lots of good leads. I also found a few on my own.
    I will be calling and visiting these shops in the coming week, and I will keep you guys posted.

I am almost tempted to open up a shop and start doing something like "Wheeler Dealer". I need a good Certified BMW mechanic, a good all around body guy, and connections with a good paint shop and an upholstery shop. Any thoughts? Any one interested?

Thank you
    Shawn

I don't think you're going to find a guy like Edd China here that works for free! The labour is never figured into the cost of their "freshenings."
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

I know what you mean.
    I can still dream.

Oh yeah, I just picked up another 2002. Its a '75 with a good engine and tranny. Only has 90K original miles. The interior leather looks great, need to re-due the padding. It needs a new clutch and a tune up. The body is in OK shape, but can use some work. I hope some of the leads I got from everyone actually work out. I can keep a good shop busy for a while.

Shawn

Very few 2002s had leather seating, but the vinyl is very durable (except the heat-formed pleats). New horse hair seat pads are available, but pricey. A good auto upholsterer can use various layers & densities of foam to achieve a good shape & comfort, and avoid the "overstuffed" look commonly seen.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Shawn,
    I don't get a chance to get on here much but I am a member of the club and own a body shop and a Restoration shop. I actually learned the trade working and restoring BMW's and other german cars. Drop me an email and visit our website. Jay@givenscollision.com, we are currently building an E36 race car and my daily driver is a "blown" 540i/6 sport. Love these cars. I also have a great BMW mechanic and upholstery shop locally. Right now we are building a separate location for the restoration business.

Thanks, Jay

Thread Information