Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Car classification
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Car classification

Car classification

Quick question about my car class:

It's a 98 M3 coupe, with supersprint cat-back exhaust and K&N drop-in filter. Those are the only mods. I'm also running street tires, Pilot Sports.

I originally thought it was Modified super sport. But upon re-reading the information, it looks like I should be in the prepared super sport. Am I right?

And if so, could I have my results from the 6/18 autox (which have not been posted as of yet) moved into that group...?

Thanks in advance.
    --Jason
    98 M3 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by vrsixer

It's a 98 M3 coupe, with supersprint cat-back exhaust and K&N drop-in filter. Those are the only mods. I'm also running street tires, Pilot Sports.

I originally thought it was Modified super sport. But upon re-reading the information, it looks like I should be in the prepared super sport. Am I right?

And if so, could I have my results from the 6/18 autox (which have not been posted as of yet) moved into that group...?

Thanks in advance.
    Based on my reading of the rules, you are correct that your car is classed as prepared super sport. Since all you have, performance-wise, is a cat-back exhaust (the K&N panel filter is stock legal), you could even run R-comps and still be in prepared, rather than modified.

Quote Originally Posted by JST
    you could even run R-comps and still be in prepared, rather than modified.
    Sweet! That was gonna be my next question. Anyone have any recommendations for some r-comps?
    --Jason
    98 M3 Coupe

This classification stuff is tricky, because of my air intake I am in prepared sport running guys with suspension work

Quote Originally Posted by ChosenGSR
    This classification stuff is tricky, because of my air intake I am in prepared sport running guys with suspension work
    Take the air intake out and run showroom then. <shrug>

Or slap on a set of r-comps and go clean house.
    Are you sure it was something you read, Peter? Are you sure it wasn't nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by John V
    Take the air intake out and run showroom then. <shrug>

Or slap on a set of r-comps and go clean house.
    I am entirely too lazy to take the intake out before every event
    I'm gone run my micheline pilots to the ground this year, I will either get race tires or a different car for racing all together next year. I am not too worried about it at this point.

I am entirely too lazy to take the intake out before every event
    I'm gone run my micheline pilots to the ground this year, I will either get race tires or a different car for racing all together next year. I am not too worried about it at this point.
    Make sure you contact/email Pete so he can change your classing in the results.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaEric
    Make sure you contact/email Pete so he can change your classing in the results.

---Eric
    I am keeping everything just the same this year Eric, do you mean for next year?

I am keeping everything just the same this year Eric, do you mean for next year?
    I was saying if you are planning to run PSS (this year) but registered MSS by mistake, you should email Pete to make sure he changes your classing. Since he hasn't posted in this thread I'm guessing he hasn't seen it.

---Eric

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaEric
    I was saying if you are planning to run PSS (this year) but registered MSS by mistake, you should email Pete to make sure he changes your classing. Since he hasn't posted in this thread I'm guessing he hasn't seen it.

---Eric
    Gotcha... I am in MS but I am still somewhat confused in the difference between Modified and Prepared classes. R comps automatically place you in Prepared, but outside of that I am not sure I understand the difference. The more I read the more confused I get.
    Last edited by ChosenGSR; 06-21-2005 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vrsixer

Thanks in advance.

Doh!

Now we will have to wait to post the results another day. I just finished them yesterday. I'll email the webmaster to not post since I have to make the change.

vrsixer- I'll reclass you. What is your name and what number where you?

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    Doh!

Now we will have to wait to post the results another day. I just finished them yesterday. I'll email the webmaster to not post since I have to make the change.

vrsixer- I'll reclass you. What is your name and what number where you?

Pete
    Pete - Just post them as "preliminary results". This will allow people to look them over and see if there are any other problems.

---Eric

Gotcha... I am in MS but I am still somewhat confused in the difference between Modified and Prepared classes. R comps automatically place you in Prepared, but outside of that I am not sure I understand the difference. The more I read the more confused I get.

The short version is that you can run a stock car and R-comps and be in prepared. If you run mods on your car but street tires you can run in prepared class.

If you do mods and R-comp tires, that you go into modified.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    The short version is that you can run a stock car and R-comps and be in prepared. If you run mods on your car but street tires you can run in prepared class.

If you do mods and R-comp tires, that you go into modified.

Pete
    Thanks Pete

He contacted me via bimmerforums.com. I gave him my info so he can make the change, although it will delay the results a day... sorry... :-(
    --Jason
    98 M3 Coupe

Thread Information