Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
7/16/2005 Autocross Registration - Open - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 7/16/2005 Autocross Registration - Open

Quote Originally Posted by ob325
    For those of you that live in Maryland and plan to come to Virginia using the Wilson bridge, you might want to plan for an alternate route. The outer loop will drop from 3 lanes to 1 lane starting Friday night through the weekend. They are expecting up to 90 minute delays. This is undoubtedly cause rubber necking delays on the inner loop. This whole drill will be repeated on the inner loop in about 4 weeks.

http://www.wilsonbridge.com/
    I just wanted to bump this traffic notice one more time before the event.

...and another reminder since this event is being held at a school. If you have guests coming, please remind them:
    It is important that autocross participants and guests act in a manner that is safe and responsible. We insist that everyone drive responsibly to and from the autocross venue. One immature act can result in loss of the venue itself. Please self-police your guests and drive responsibly.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

For those of you that live in Maryland and plan to come to Virginia using the Wilson bridge, you might want to plan for an alternate route. The outer loop will drop from 3 lanes to 1 lane starting Friday night through the weekend. They are expecting up to 90 minute delays. This is undoubtedly cause rubber necking delays on the inner loop. This whole drill will be repeated on the inner loop in about 4 weeks.

http://www.wilsonbridge.com/
    Todd, what would be an alternate route?

Quote Originally Posted by ChosenGSR
    Todd, what would be an alternate route?
    They are saying to either go through the City or the other way around the Beltway (American Legion Bridge). Coming from Baltimore, I'd take 495 over the American Legion Bridge to 66W.

They are saying to either go through the City or the other way around the Beltway (American Legion Bridge). Coming from Baltimore, I'd take 495 over the American Legion Bridge to 66W.
    Or depending on how bad the backup is, the American Legion Bridge to Dulles Toll Road westbound and 28 south.

Quote Originally Posted by AG
    Or depending on how bad the backup is, the American Legion Bridge to Dulles Toll Road westbound and 28 south.
    ...or you could just leave REALLY early. If it turns out there wasn't that much traffic you can always help us setup.

---Eric

Heaviest Traffic Impacts of 11-year Construction Project Just Ahead -- From 8:00 p.m., Friday, July 15th to 5:00 a.m., Monday, July 18th. northbound I-95/Beltway Outer Loop just west of the Wilson Bridge will be reduced to one lane. Ramps from north and southbound US Route 1 to the Outer Loop will be closed with detours to Telegraph Road. The ramp from northbound I-95/Outer Loop to northbound US Route 1 also will be closed with detours to Telegraph Road. To help divert traffic, where northbound I-95 joins the Capital Beltway at the Springfield Interchange, the ramp to the Wilson Bridge will be closed. Long-distance traffic will be routed around the Beltway in the opposite direction. Local travelers will be directed up I-395. Reducing the Outer Loop to one lane just west of the Wilson Bridge is forecasted to result in weekend backups of 10 to 15 miles, with 60 to 90 minute delays. All travelers are urged to avoid the area, if at all possible. Long distance travelers should consider bypasing Washington DC with alternate routes including US 301 to the east and US 17 to I-81 to the west.
    Honestly, if you don't have to -- probably avoid this area entirely. 10 to 15 mile backups is a conservative estimate ...HAH! 60-90 minute delays -- probably more like 3-5 hour delays ...

If you see a Jeep crawling over rocks and making his own detour route ... that'll be me

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaEric
    ...or you could just leave REALLY early. If it turns out there wasn't that much traffic you can always help us setup.
    This is the one time it is *really* nice to live in Centreville. My 5 minute commute to Manassas Park almost makes up for the multiple hours trips to Bowie and, gasp, Aberdeen.

David

Have I mentioned I'm not a morning person?

---Eric

Thanks to all the volunteers/organizers for Saturday's event, especially working in that brutal humidity!

Thanks to all the volunteers/organizers for Saturday's event, especially working in that brutal humidity!

No problem. Boy was it hot! I wanted to thank the guys who stayed at the end and helped us pack up before the rain came.

Results should be up in a few days when Adam and I meet to run them.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    No problem. Boy was it hot! I wanted to thank the guys who stayed at the end and helped us pack up before the rain came.

Results should be up in a few days when Adam and I meet to run them.

Pete
    Are results done yet?

---Eric

Are results done yet?

---Eric

Pretty much. Since there where no timing issues, we just need to create the report.

Pete

Do you know where I ended up in PSS?
    Are you sure it was something you read, Peter? Are you sure it wasn't nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by John V
    Do you know where I ended up in PSS?

Not sure. I think you got it though. I don't have the computers so I can't check. I'll let you know when Adam and I get together to do final results.

Pete

Are results done yet?

---Eric
    Are you sure it was something you read, Peter? Are you sure it wasn't nothing?

Thread Information