PDA

View Full Version : SCCA Racing

Barry
06-02-2005, 06:06 PM
Does anyone follow SCCA racing??

I just returned from the National race at Nelson Ledges. For many years the track and the facilities have been horrible, but since last year, there have been some improvements.

We got our first surprise when we found that most of the paddock space had been mowed. This was a very pleasant surprise. In the past many people brought their own mowers.

Also, the track itself is better. No more missing chunks.

The Saturday night free dinner was steak!!

Barry

mlytle
06-02-2005, 09:28 PM
i sort of follow it...:)
haven't been to nelson. probably won't be able to get there unless the marrs series goes there. just not enough weekends in the summer...or tires in the tire budget...;)

marshall
scca national lic, but regional racer
93 325is race car
97 m3 street car
'02 325it her car

woodym3
06-03-2005, 02:53 PM
The One Lp of America had two time trials at Nelson this year. I had forgotten what a fun, fast track it is. Lots of 4th gear sweepers. And yes, the payment is much better that 10 years ago. Wash basins in the rest rooms too.
Woody

Barry
06-05-2005, 03:35 PM
i sort of follow it...:)
haven't been to nelson. probably won't be able to get there unless the marrs series goes there. just not enough weekends in the summer...or tires in the tire budget...;)
marshall
scca national lic, but regional racer
93 325is race car
97 m3 street car
'02 325it her car

Marshall,
This will probably be my last year of Nationals, since the Runoffs will be moving to Kansas after this year. That means I will be back doing Regionals (i.e. the MARRS series) starting in 2006. I think Regionals are more fun too.
Barry

dave-m3fan
06-17-2005, 09:48 AM
Still no flushing toilets, however. Ugh.

Barry
06-19-2005, 07:46 PM
Still no flushing toilets, however. Ugh.

There's one flushing toilet now at Nelson Ledges.

I just got back from the BeaveRun National, and that place is great! Plenty of paddock space, excellent facilities, and a fun track. In the Sat. AM practice I was actually faster than the current SCCA National Champion in my class (SSC) But, when the time came for qualifying he must have put on his serious hat.

Barry