PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for 2006 325xi Battery Replacemnt...

MsM$
01-22-2014, 11:27 PM
Unfortunately my weak (original factory part) battery has decided to finally conk out - thanks to our single digit temps... :-( The good news is that its not totally dead - it still takes a "jump". The plan is to call GEICO roadside assistance to get it started for the drive to a repair (installation) facility.

What is the best battery (durable and powerful) for replacement? I want to avoid being overcharged dealership parts and programming fees if at all possible.

Any suggestions on type and place to purchase?

Signed: Stuck at home, ...in Baltimore

Zchild
01-23-2014, 10:48 AM
Duralast and Interstate are some quality replacements however you will still have to go to a certified shop or dealership in order to get your battery registered and programed to your vehicle or in approximately 30 days or less your vehicle will not start... In some cases albeit rare dealerships will register and program batteries for free; again rare! When our battery in our 2006 325xi finally bite the dust I had it taken on a flatbed to BMW of Silver Spring and got the battery, programming and registion done at the same time for approximately $250.00 Just my two and a half cents worth.