PDA

View Full Version : Misleading article in the der Bayerische

ricmon
01-14-2014, 02:32 PM
Did any one notice in the last issue of der Bayerische the author of the article 2014 Mercedes-Benz AMG CLA 45 - "The TargetIs M3"? It appears that Mr Chew has wrongly described the car as "front wheel drive" and amid at the M3. First the CLA AMG is all wheel drive. Second it would make more sense to target the CLA/AMG at the new series 2 car and wonderfully there will be an M2 or at the very least the 1M coupe. Also are der Bayerische readers that interested in anything Mercedes?

1996 328ti
01-14-2014, 03:43 PM
I think car enthusiasts are interested in all marques.

BMW0299
01-14-2014, 09:43 PM
Did any one notice in the last issue of der Bayerische the author of the article 2014 Mercedes-Benz AMG CLA 45 - "The TargetIs M3"? It appears that Mr Chew has wrongly described the car as "front wheel drive" and amid at the M3. First the CLA AMG is all wheel drive. Second it would make more sense to target the CLA/AMG at the new series 2 car and wonderfully there will be an M2 or at the very least the 1M coupe. Also are der Bayerische readers that interested in anything Mercedes?

In the Feb '14 Car and Driver, there is an article on the AUDI S3. It says, "At last check, BMW is still on the fence about selling the front-wheel-drive 1-series here."

330x
01-14-2014, 09:53 PM
We have quite a few members who own both marques.

pseto
01-15-2014, 09:03 AM
Its always good to keep an eye out for the competition, especially when the entire market is chasing you. Over the past 10+ years, many automakers are setting their sights on beating BMW as the market leader in many segments. Mercedes just over took BMW as the largest luxury automaker with a strong 4Q 2013 due primarily to the introduction of the CLA. I've driven a few AMG models, and while super powerful, the suspension, balance, and steering feel just doesn't do it for me.