PDA

View Full Version : New Member

jdauria
06-27-2012, 01:45 PM
Hi all,

Just joined NCC today, originally from New York but never was a member there. Recently moved to the area last year, and finally got around to joining the club! I drive a 2000 323Ci, Silver/Gray, 5 speed, 96k miles. Currently being fixed at RRT due to major subframe damage :mad: (I can post of picture of it later, its shocking), but i'll be back on the road by Friday. Been a member on e46fanatics, and bimmerforums for awhile and looking forward to being a part of this exclusive community. Hope to make it out to some meets this summer, and I'm sure I'll see a bunch of you guys at Bimmerfest East in August.

pseto
06-27-2012, 03:48 PM
Welcome! Hope to meet you at an event soon!

mcoupemindy
06-29-2012, 08:44 AM
Welcome to the club. Tell James at RRT to quick slacking and get your car back to you.

jdauria
07-02-2012, 10:13 AM
Welcome to the club. Tell James at RRT to quick slacking and get your car back to you.

Haha, no those guys did a phenomenal job and got my car back in 3 days. She runs like new after having these things done:
-Subframe repair/reinforcement
-Alignment
-Guibo joint replacement
-Shift shaft seal fixed
- Transmission mounts replaced
- Power steering reservoir and lines replaced
- Rear differential bushing replaced

On another note, This is definitely not the correct section to ask this question, but I know back in 2007 we lobbied to get BMWCCA license plates in VA. What's the deal on that? Sorry I am very late in asking...

pseto
07-02-2012, 11:45 AM
On another note, This is definitely not the correct section to ask this question, but I know back in 2007 we lobbied to get BMWCCA license plates in VA. What's the deal on that? Sorry I am very late in asking...

I can't imagine this will happen in my lifetime; you're better off moving to MD :)

jdauria
07-02-2012, 08:36 PM
whats the reasoning for not allowing them in VA?

John in VA
07-02-2012, 10:16 PM
If I recall correctly:
At one time VA only needed ~350 to commit to wanting the plates for them to produce them. That changed to DMV needing paid commitment, and that hasn't happened.

SpongeBob
07-02-2012, 10:17 PM
The laws require extensive up front funds and obligations. This was never supported by our Virginia members.

jdauria
07-03-2012, 12:15 PM
depressing :frown: