PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie

tmalx4
05-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Hello all. Just joined today. Been a BMW owner every since I drove my first BMW while stationed in Germany back in 1987. Currently own a European Model 1988 730i and a 2006 550i. Love them both and have a hard time deciding which one to drive. Hoping to meet some other BMW enthusiast in the area and get out to some socials. Maybe get some tips on mods and shops in the area also.

pseto
05-02-2012, 06:42 PM
Welcome! Hope you can make it out to this month's socials, its a great way to meet others.

Coupenut
05-05-2012, 09:30 PM
Welcome to the club! Please try to come out to one of our socials. As Paul mentioned it's a wonderful way to meet other members and see their cars and show off yours.

tmalx4
06-06-2012, 10:07 AM
Thank you for the invitations. I am looking forward to getting out to some of the events this summer and meeting others that share the same passion for the Ultimate driving machine as I do. Still getting used to the site but hopefully will be able to navigate my way around like a pro soon.

tmalx4
06-06-2012, 10:30 AM
I have a newbie question. I have become a BMWCCA member and have received my membership card. What do I need to do to become an official member of the National Capital Chapter? Are there dues and do you issue a member number also to verify my membership if I attend any events? Thank you in advance.

John in VA
06-06-2012, 12:24 PM
tmalx4,
You should receive a note welcoming you to the chapter, as this is the one most local to you. The national office will send you a card wit your membership number. No additional dues are required at the chapter level.
Welcome!

pseto
06-06-2012, 02:46 PM
You are automatically assigned to a chapter based on address. So as long as you live in MD, DC, or NoVa, you're a member of NCC

1996 328ti
06-06-2012, 05:32 PM
tmalx4,
You should receive a note welcoming you to the chapter, as this is the one most local to you. The national office will send you a card wit your membership number. No additional dues are required at the chapter level.
Welcome!
Shhh! It'a an additional $25 to join the largest and probably most active chapter in the country. ;)