PDA

View Full Version : Body shop recommendation needed for older BMW (1985 euro E24)

gkrea1
11-15-2011, 08:28 AM
I received word last week from Kenny at Master Crafters that their grand elder body repiar guru had to retire early due to medical issues. Apparently my '85 6er is old enough, and the damage serious enough, that the younger techs don't have to skills to fix it. They are good people, but are used to having all the digital measurements to work with which, I presume, are not available for the older cars.

Please consider this a plea for help. I'd like to get the car repaired correctly by a trustworthy source so that it drives well.

-Greg

ventsyv
11-15-2011, 01:24 PM
I've used Frankel Mid-Atlantic Collision Center for a few small dings and I'm very happy with their work. They are also the preferred Geico shop in my area (Hunt Valley, MD), so they are very experienced.

Dan
11-16-2011, 09:38 AM
Id check out Euro Pros, I believe they are in Gaithersburg. Another option is D&V Auto Body in Sterling, VA.

grahamular
11-16-2011, 11:46 AM
Check out Jeff Shaw's Collision Craft if Baltimore isn't too far of a trip for you. They do mostly BMW work, and did a great job on some body work I had done on my E90 last year. http://www.collisioncraft.net