PDA

View Full Version : Mods for 335i

jfiguere
10-10-2011, 07:30 PM
I thought I would ask here and hope I am posting in the right area!!! I have a 2009 335i Sport Sedan and was looking to add the power package from BMW Stage 1... But I keep hearing to simply go with the JB4... And that it is practically undetectable by BMW when bringing the car for service... Any feedback will be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :cool:

pseto
10-10-2011, 08:53 PM
plenty of discussions about various tunes on e90post. my first tune was a Procede before the enhanced plug-and-play wire harness a few years ago, but ended up with the Dinan flash since it came with a warranty and peace of mind. it cost more because of the warranty and it works great for me. many of the piggybacks are very customizable with map changes on the fly which is very nice. you'll get various answers regarding power comparisons and detectability however so its tough to really get an objective answer.

jfiguere
10-11-2011, 10:32 PM
Thanks Paul, I know and I am looking into the piece of mind! But I got to accept I like the map changes on the fly as well! So it is hard...

pseto
10-11-2011, 11:05 PM
Thanks Paul, I know and I am looking into the piece of mind! But I got to accept I like the map changes on the fly as well! So it is hard...

map changes are cool, but its also something else that can go wrong IMO.

jfiguere
10-12-2011, 12:52 PM
I am kind of ruling no for the JB4, coming down to Cobb AP or Dinan...

Rafgar
10-13-2011, 09:01 AM
Jorge,
Nice meeting you and Luis at the NCC board meeting last night.
Like I said at the meeting, I really think that you should upgrade the driver first by attending one of our schools - either at the track or one of the autocross events.

Your 335 is already traction limited by having an open differential. Simply adding more power to the equation will not really help unless you know how to use it properly.

Yes, I know the temptation of more power, but you will be much better off learning how to use the power you have.