PDA

View Full Version : Service Center Recommendation

rstlss
09-13-2011, 10:56 AM
Hello,

I am looking for a good independent bmw repair place in the Ashburn, Sterling, Chantilly area. Any input is appreciated.

Cheer!

mcoupemindy
09-13-2011, 12:47 PM
Can you be more specific in the type of work you are looking for? I'll help.

Bob
09-13-2011, 01:04 PM
Can you be more specific in the type of work you are looking for? I'll help.

Do you think he has a twisted driveshaft?!

mcoupemindy
09-13-2011, 01:05 PM
Do you think he has a twisted driveshaft?!

No, I think he wants to put a gigantic turbo on his car. LOL.

rstlss
09-13-2011, 01:11 PM
LOL, had an SMG Relay replaced at BMW Sterling. They came up with a list of things. I wanted to run it by another tech before I gave them a green light.

* Idler Pulley
* Power Steering Hose + Fluid
* Brake Fluid
* 2 Front Tires.

Thinking about either Road Race Tech or In Motion Motors or Funktion (These 3 are close to where I live)

Cheers!

mcoupemindy
09-13-2011, 01:16 PM
LOL, had an SMG Relay replaced at BMW Sterling. They came up with a list of things. I wanted to run it by another tech before I gave them a green light.

* Idler Pulley
* Power Steering Hose + Fluid
* Brake Fluid
* 2 Front Tires.

Thinking about either Road Race Tech or In Motion Motors or Funktion (These 3 are close to where I live)

Cheers!

I would recommend RRT if they can get you in the door. They are focusing a TON on racing right now, so I don't know if they are accepting new customers.

FunKtion is a good shop, but their labor rate is high.

You should also consider Curry's - http://www.currysauto.com/index.htm - they are known for taking care of customers and are a bit more reasonable with the costs.

If you don't mind driving, I HIGHLY suggest Convenience Car Care in Manassas, VA. http://www.conveniencecarcare.com/ To make it even better, they have Saturday hours if you work the normal M-F grind.

Please let me know if I can be of additional assistance. If you talk to either RRT or Convenience, please tell the guys that Jonathan Thayer suggested you go there.

rstlss
09-13-2011, 02:05 PM
Thanks Jonathan. Got an appt with RRT, will let them know that you recommended the shop.

Cheers!