PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Event 10/15/2011 - Street Survival - Sykesville MD

1996 328ti
04-11-2011, 07:36 PM
Maryland DPSCS Driver Training Facility
Sykesville MD
Saturday, October 15th, 7:30AM- 4:00PM

The primary emphasis of the Tire Rack Street Survival® is a "hands-on" driving experience in real-world situations! We use your own car to teach you about its handling limits and how you can control them. The students will become more observant of the traffic situation they find themselves in. They will learn to look far enough ahead to anticipate unwise actions of other drivers. As the students master the application of physics to drive their cars, they will make fewer unwise driving actions themselves. They will understand why they should always wear their own seatbelts, and why they should insist that their passengers wear seatbelts, too.
It's about more than driving - it's about LIVING!

All Schools $75.

See the FAQ page at: www.streetsurvival.org/frequently-asked-questions.php (http://www.streetsurvival.org/frequently-asked-questions.php)

REGISTRATION (https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/register.trss/uidEvent/46679122-FEB2-8BF0-2B3E5DA585A84F6A)

1M3ANM3
08-02-2011, 07:03 PM
How many spots are usually available?

mcoupemindy
08-03-2011, 07:37 AM
How many spots are usually available?

IIRC: Approx. 20 spots.

Rafgar
10-13-2011, 08:55 AM
Hi everyone,

The good news is that we have 33 students registered for this event on Saturday! This promises to be the largest turn-out we've had for one of our schools.

The bad news is that we could use a few extra instructors. If you are a qualified instructor who is available on Saturday, we could certainly use your help (please). If you don't know whether you are "qualified", just send me a note with your driving / teaching experience and I'll let you know.

Please send me an IM on here or simply reply to this thread.

Thanks for all your help and support of this important program.

lrosie89
10-14-2011, 09:03 PM
My son is going to this tomorrow....I hope he comes back with a better understanding of defensive driving. I think they also give him (well, I mean me!) some $$ off insurance. Awesome.

Pete
10-14-2011, 09:21 PM
I can make it if you need a hand.

mcoupemindy
10-14-2011, 09:49 PM
I can make it if you need a hand.

Pete, they could use as many volunteers as possible. I was going to head out but some idiot rear ended me today and I'm not feeling great.

mcoupemindy
10-14-2011, 09:57 PM
My son is going to this tomorrow....I hope he comes back with a better understanding of defensive driving. I think they also give him (well, I mean me!) some $$ off insurance. Awesome.

Good for you! Thank you for encouraging your son to be one of the few safe drivers on the road.

Pete
10-14-2011, 10:46 PM
Pete, they could use as many volunteers as possible. I was going to head out but some idiot rear ended me today and I'm not feeling great.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you weren't in the coupe. It would have been good to catch up.

Try and rest and get better. Last thing you want is to prolonging any pain.

lrosie89
10-16-2011, 11:24 AM
Good for you! Thank you for encouraging your son to be one of the few safe drivers on the road.

Wow! I asked my son how his day went and he said that he learned a lot and had fun?!?!? (He was in a green 99 Passat) Usually, you wont get that kind of response from my son. He is pretty blase about most things.

I told him he should join this forum and possibly become an instructor someday...You all must have done something right...THANKS! And thanks for helping him be a safer driver, too.