PDA

View Full Version : highway safety school

aml
03-01-2005, 03:27 PM
this is going to be my first event and i'm excited couple question comes to mind:

1.where can i find some helmet locally? can i rent one?
2. i lived in gaithersburg where do you recomend i take my car for inspection

AlfaEric
03-01-2005, 03:55 PM
OG Racing rents/sells helmets (Sterling, VA).

http://www.ogracing.com/

There is a list of tech inspection locations under documentation:
http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?id=17,175,0,0,1,0

---Eric

1996 328ti
03-01-2005, 08:07 PM
2. i lived in gaithersburg where do you recomend i take my car for inspection
Quality in Rockville or Dan Martin (301-926-8977) in Gaithersburg near the airpark.

NoSoup4U
03-02-2005, 07:23 AM
I just want to confirm that the registration open date is "postmarked" by March 4th for the highway school, or can it be "received" by March 4th? This way, I can mail it out on march 3rd, or do I wait until march 4th to submit?

Thank you

1996 328ti
03-02-2005, 08:25 AM
Postmarked March 4. Anything earlier goes to the bottom of the pile.
All registrations received on the same day will be given a random number and sorted that way. Typically our schools do not fill the first day.

aml
03-02-2005, 09:36 AM
Once your car get inspected thus it have an expiration date on it? What advice you guys recomend about the classes i take after this Highway School, I have decided to do it this way.
1. highway school
2.driver school
3. mybe autocross in the future

And how long this class last, is it all day? I planning on buying my own helmet any recomendation, thank you.

Andrew

aml
03-02-2005, 09:40 AM
What kind should i get Open or closed type, and i'm planning to take classes in the future.

AG
03-02-2005, 10:24 AM
What kind should i get Open or closed type, and i'm planning to take classes in the future.

You should get a closed face SA rated helmet. I don't know if the SA2005 helmets are out yet, however those will be good for another 10 years. The certification on the currrent crop of helmets expires in 5 years.

As far a brands go, you must try before you buy. Not all helmets are shaped the same and some will fit much better than others.

David Hicks
03-02-2005, 10:34 AM
You should get a closed face SA rated helmet.
It's debatable whether closed or open helmets are better for closed-car driver school situations. Closed helmets inhibit communication between student and instructor, and the SCCA has released a notice saying that using a closed helmet in a car with an airbag is potentially unsafe.

November 16, 2004 - Notification from SCCA National Staff
It has been brought to the attention of SCCA Technical Services that the use of full-face or closed face helmets while driving vehicles with active airbag restraint systems may result in injuries in the event of a crash that deploys the airbag. Because of the location of the steering wheel relative to the driver's position, the airbag axis is on a level with the driver's chin. In a crash with airbag deployment, contact with the chin area of a full-face helmet can be so powerful "that fractures to the jaw cannot be ruled out". (Hubert Gramling, FIA Institute, FT3/AF, 18.5 1999)

aml, go to the newstand and pick up the latest issue of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine. There is a great article on buying helmets.

1996 328ti
03-02-2005, 01:36 PM
Once your car get inspected thus it have an expiration date on it? What advice you guys recomend about the classes i take after this Highway School, I have decided to do it this way.
1. highway school
2.driver school
3. mybe autocross in the future

And how long this class last, is it all day? I planning on buying my own helmet any recomendation, thank you.

Andrew
I think the HSS is good to do before a HP Driving School.
Use good judgement with your tech inspection form. It is your final responsibility that the car in sound working order. For instance, if your car is teched and something happens between the time the car was inspected and the event, take that into consideration.

Autocross is always good. It is a different skill set than HPDEs.
And get a full face helmet.

1996 328ti
03-02-2005, 01:38 PM
It's debatable whether closed or open helmets are better for closed-car driver school situations. Closed helmets inhibit communication between student and instructor, and the SCCA has released a notice saying that using a closed helmet in a car with an airbag is potentially unsafe.
Every school I have every been to there has been two-way intercom communication.

David Hicks
03-02-2005, 02:06 PM
I guess I should also mention that I bought a full face helmet and I've been happy with it. I also have a car without an airbag. My next car will likely have an airbag and I will buy an open face helmet.

FWIW, many FIA Rally drivers where open helmets.

http://rallye-info.com/images/photos/skoda/2005sweden/740/Ekstrom3.jpg

ChosenGSR
03-02-2005, 04:48 PM
Does it make sense to sign up for both days? Highway school on satruday followed by drivers school on sunday? I am also a complete noob to this :)

1996 328ti
03-02-2005, 07:37 PM
Does it make sense to sign up for both days? Highway school on satruday followed by drivers school on sunday? I am also a complete noob to this :)
I think so.

FWIW, many FIA Rally drivers where open helmets.What's your point? They are also wearing harnesses, full cage and racing buckets.

David Hicks
03-02-2005, 09:21 PM
My point is that a full face helmet is not always the best choice. Many pro's choose not to use them when they can. The SCCA might possibly restrict their use in cars with airbags as early as this season or next. If the person asking for advice were to buy a full face helmet and tries to do SCCA autox or driver's schools next season, and the full helmets are disallowed, he'd have to buy another helmet.

Rafgar
03-03-2005, 02:05 PM

The answer is "absolutely". This is not a requirement, but we strongly encourage people to attend both days of this weekend. If (as you say) you're a complete noob, there is no way you'll be able to retain (and put to use) all the things you learn on Saturday. Having the opportunity to "practice" some more on Sunday is of tremendous benefit.

If your schedule permits, definitely sign-up for both days.

Rafgar
03-03-2005, 02:16 PM
My point is that a full face helmet is not always the best choice. Many pro's choose not to use them when they can. The SCCA might possibly restrict their use in cars with airbags as early as this season or next. If the person asking for advice were to buy a full face helmet and tries to do SCCA autox or driver's schools next season, and the full helmets are disallowed, he'd have to buy another helmet.

David,

First, thanks for posting the quote from the SCCA. This is so completely contrary to what I would expect that I'm glad to read the source document. I'd still like to see more about what the SCCA is doing about this issue.

What surprised me the most was that I thought having a full face helmet would actually protect your jaw better than an open helmet? Isn't that the point of having the full-face? Wierd, that it would be the opposite.

I agree with Steven, that you can't equate what the FIA Rally drivers are wearing to what a driving school student in a non-race prepared car should wear.

ChosenGSR
03-03-2005, 02:28 PM
I will definitely attend both days... What do you guys usually do for overnight stay? Is it common for people to find nearby hotels or campout at the track? If camping out, what do you suggest one bring along? Also, what do you guys think about bringing a friend or a family member for the weekend? Will they be completely bored out of their minds?

Thanks!

AlfaEric
03-03-2005, 03:03 PM
David,

First, thanks for posting the quote from the SCCA. This is so completely contrary to what I would expect that I'm glad to read the source document. I'd still like to see more about what the SCCA is doing about this issue.

What surprised me the most was that I thought having a full face helmet would actually protect your jaw better than an open helmet? Isn't that the point of having the full-face? Wierd, that it would be the opposite.

I agree with Steven, that you can't equate what the FIA Rally drivers are wearing to what a driving school student in a non-race prepared car should wear.
Rafael,
Here's some more info on the subject. http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78914

---Eric

aml
03-08-2005, 09:39 AM
Thank you for all the informative post it will make it easy for me to make a decision.

Andrew

Pinecone
03-08-2005, 08:14 PM
There was a LOT of discussion when this came out on SCCAForums. And overall the evidence is NOT in support of drastic measures. It came from one article, without a lot of evidence to back up the conclusion (IIRC). Is there a potential for some extra trouble, yes. But there is also a potential for extra trouble in wearing any helmet.

Sorry, but I will continue to wear a full faced helmet in all cars.

SharkD
03-09-2005, 01:41 PM
You should get a closed face SA rated helmet. I don't know if the SA2005 helmets are out yet, however those will be good for another 10 years. The certification on the currrent crop of helmets expires in 5 years.

As far a brands go, you must try before you buy. Not all helmets are shaped the same and some will fit much better than others.
I thought you were supposed to replace a helmet every five years, regardless of whether or not the Snell certification has expired?

As for the helmets -- don't shop only by price. Bell and Simpson both fit differently, and different models have different fits, too. If you plan on attending more HPDE's and/or autocrossing in the future, buy a good helmet that fits comfortably and snugly. Although it's very clichéd, remember that the helmet is made to protect your head and only 'buy a $10 helmet if that's all you think your head is worth.' [/cliché]

Also, think about a good pair of thin-soled, narrow shoes -- they don't necessarily need to be high-end racing shoes (nomex lined), but a good pair of leather-upper wrestling shoes (like the Adidas Tyrint (http://www.fogdog.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1737763&cp=711660.693844&view=all&parentPage=family)) will give you the same pedal feel as a pair of racing boots for much less money. (Nomex is always a good idea if you can afford it, but you can always buy nomex socks (http://www.ogracing.com/eshop/itemdetail.asp?ses=111xuoet9ma71kx6xr&itemid=1087&showbrake=1) for some fire protection.)

I will definitely attend both days... What do you guys usually do for overnight stay? Is it common for people to find nearby hotels or campout at the track? If camping out, what do you suggest one bring along? Also, what do you guys think about bringing a friend or a family member for the weekend? Will they be completely bored out of their minds?
Although I usually just commute daily from Arlington (waking up at O'dark hundred ensures that I'm awake and alert by the time tech opens at 7am), there are a couple of decent hotels in Charlestown -- nothing fancy, but a reasonably clean room at okay prices. [NCCBMWCCA Page on Accommodations (http://nccbmwcca.org/index.php?id=17,169,0,0,1,0)]

As for family members... make sure that they realize that they're going to be doing a lot of sitting outside, with very little to see. (No ride-alongs and rarely are there instructor laps for non-students/non-corner workers.) If they're into motorsports photography, they'll have a ball or, they could venture to the main circuit, if there's a race/HPDE to watch at the Carousel. As for children -- I think they'd get bored pretty quickly and I'm always afraid of what might happen if a couple of kids are running around the paddock during the process of gridding-up for a group to go on the track. (No kids of my own, yet... but they're a relatively rare sight, unless you bring two cars, so they can escape the track when they get antsy and/or want a bite to eat.)

BTW, congrats for making the right decision and starting out with the HwySS -- it taught me so much and gave me the confidence in myself and my car that I needed for the ensuing drivers' schools (and autocrosses). (And the double helping of skidpad time during the Safety School is incredibly valuable.)

And the AutoX school might also be a good primer, if you can make it... ;)

Edit: For shoes, I've got a pair of Addidas Ferox boots (http://www.eastbay.com/catalog/productdetail.cfm?TID=6125-11010522110111220389693-0&module=productDetail&action=view&sku=145959&model_nbr=37547&supercat=sports&id=69808&mvp=prod&sport=all), now $30 on Eastbay. The color is by no means mild, but the fit is good, the design durable, and the tongue keeps the laces out of the pedal.

http://a712.g.akamai.net/7/712/225/1d/www.eastbay.com/images/products/large/145959_l.jpg (http://www.eastbay.com/catalog/productdetail.cfm?TID=6125-11010522110111220389693-0&module=productDetail&action=view&sku=145959&model_nbr=37547&supercat=sports&id=69808&mvp=prod&sport=all)

ChosenGSR
03-10-2005, 11:20 AM
Thanks SharkD, really good information. BTW, when/how does one know if they have been admitted to the driving school? I sent out my registration form w/check on the 4th. Is the check deposited only if you get in?

AG
03-10-2005, 12:21 PM
Thanks SharkD, really good information. BTW, when/how does one know if they have been admitted to the driving school? I sent out my registration form w/check on the 4th. Is the check deposited only if you get in?

You'll get a nice fat envelope in the mail about a week after registration closes. Sort of like college acceptance letters :icon_nerv. Anyway, checks might not get deposited until well after the school. That was the case with one of the schools I attended last year.

1996 328ti
03-10-2005, 01:57 PM
We have received around 24 registration forms so far so it's a pretty good chance you are in since the school is not filled yet.

SMOODY
03-11-2005, 07:46 AM
We have received around 24 registration forms so far so it's a pretty good chance you are in since the school is not filled yet.
If it were any other weekend but Mother's Day weekend....

Rafgar
03-11-2005, 11:51 AM
If it were any other weekend but Mother's Day weekend....

Yea, but Mother's Day is Sunday and the HSS is on Saturday. So, what's the problem?? ;-)

SharkD
03-11-2005, 01:08 PM
If it were any other weekend but Mother's Day weekend....Yeah, you might have to reschedule your Mothers' Day celebrations if you attend the Sunday HPDE, but the upshot is you get to celebrate my birthday a whole day early. :icon_danc (Now, honestly, who could resist that?)

;)

Pinecone
03-12-2005, 07:09 AM
Yes, helmets should be replaced every 5 years. Personally I wouldn't worry for DEs and autocross. But racing, ABSOLUTELY.

As for shoes, Puma makes a bunch of very nice driving shoes, some in cooperations with Sparco. A pretty long thread over on BimmerFest in the Motorsports forum about shoes. My wife an I have Sparco/Puma Speedcats for driving. I use racing shoes (and a full Nomex suit) for DE. One extended stay in a burn center per lifetime is enough (my first one was NOT driving related).

SharkD
03-12-2005, 12:37 PM
I use racing shoes (and a full Nomex suit) for DE. One extended stay in a burn center per lifetime is enough (my first one was NOT driving related).

Terry, I was thinking about a full suit for this year (I already run in nomex underwear, socks, gloves and balaclava) -- do they get uncomfortable in the mid-summer heat? Any recommendations on brand/style?

Also, can you PM that bimmerfest link on jacks and lifts that was published in GRM? (I cannot find that issue for the life of me.)

Thanks.

JoelG
03-15-2005, 03:14 PM
Terry, I was thinking about a full suit for this year (I already run in nomex underwear, socks, gloves and balaclava) -- do they get uncomfortable in the mid-summer heat?

j/k, right? I sweat thru my suit in races in october. In the summer it's miserable, and my suit is fairly thin and light.

Any recommendations on brand/style?

I'd seriously consider the G-Force 545. Its thinner, lighter and has a better TPP than my Momo for half the price. Too bad it wasn't out when I bought mine.

Its not shiny though, so if you are looking for bling you will want to look elsewhere.

I should be around for the HSS. My fiancee has signed up for it. We'll be there with the new grey Camry.

NoSoup4U
03-15-2005, 05:27 PM
If you guys are interested, I get a small discount with a company (www.apexperformance.net) -- I believe around 10% off the price plus free shipping if you are going with another nomex suit. I can also get fairly good discounts on corbeau products from them.

I have not purchased the balaclava yet. I planned on just getting normal shoes ... like puma's. I will though, add a 2.3L fire suppression system in my car.

Hope to see you at the HSS Terry. I'd like to pick your brain on suspension setups and camber.

OwnedbyDuncan
03-15-2005, 06:19 PM
Why? Maybe the gloves. And then try not to wear leather shoes if you are concerned about fire. FYI in a fire leather shrinks and can crush the bones in your feet in a fire. Same with leather gloves. At least that is what i heard. A full suit makes you like a poseur. In the June, July, August and September the full suit is more of liability than a help. Can't ever remember hearing about a car fire at a drivers school. Woody have you ever heard of one? PCA, CCA, Car gGuys etc?

ChosenGSR
03-16-2005, 09:38 AM
I sure hope not, don't scare us noobs!

OwnedbyDuncan
03-16-2005, 03:34 PM
I sure hope not, don't scare us noobs!

Never heard of a fire. Most incidents happen in the middle group on Sunday after lunch. Usually your next to last track session. Unless the stats have changed.
Almost always driver error. Usually on the big track it is either turn 3 or turn 9/10 depending on how you count. Sometimes the chute. FWIW worth my advice tell yourself you have to drive the car home and run by yourself not in groups. Oh and learn to read you sheep and your dog. . Woops sorry got confused wrong event.

JoelG
03-18-2005, 11:43 AM
Never heard of a fire.

Once I had a student that had a brake fire. It was at a NJ chapter school on the Jefferson Circuit.

In retrospect it seems kinda funny. He said the brakes were going away so I told him to bring it in. We pulled into the paddock and a crowd gatherered. I jumped out to see what was up and the R. front caliper was burning. I yelled for someone to get an extinguisher but everyone stood there. Either they couldn't hear me from inside my helmet or they were dumbfounded by the sight of flames. I pulled my communicator out (I was still tethered to my student) and ran and got one and put it out but by then the seals had completely burned away and his brake fluid was running on the ground. We ended up clamping that hose off with a vice grip, bleeding the other 3 brakes and the guy drove his car home with 3 brakes and a vice grip zip-tied to his strut.

Other than that I dont recall ever seeing a fire at a DE, much less the HSS. Most race car fires seem to be self-induced, either thru poor engineering or careless preparation. In a DE where most of the cars are late model street cars, its very, very unlikely.

ChosenGSR
03-18-2005, 12:08 PM
oh man, I am already shaking in my boots for my first event ever. I am terrified of taking my new car there. I just hope everything goes well :)

jkuper
03-18-2005, 12:42 PM
Has anyone actually received their paperwork yet?

SharkD
03-18-2005, 12:49 PM
oh man, I am already shaking in my boots for my first event ever. I am terrified of taking my new car there. I just hope everything goes well :)

Nah, don't be worried. (I shouldn't have brought up the Drivers' suits, sorry.) You're going to learn quite a bit, and you're going to have fun doing it.

As for the safety aspects -- once you get a feel for the car's limits, and more importantly, your limits (which will improve, trust me), you'll be able to get around the track quickly and safely. Just take it easy and at a pace that's comfortable with you -- and your instructors will not let you get yourself so deeply into trouble that you or your car will get hurt. (The NCC has some of the best instructors on the East Coast -- and that includes NASA, Mazda, PCA, MBC, etc.)

SharkD
03-18-2005, 12:51 PM
Has anyone actually received their paperwork yet?

I wouldn't expect it until a couple of days after registration closes on April 1st.

jkuper
03-18-2005, 12:53 PM
I wouldn't expect it until a couple of days after registration closes on April 1st.

I never remember how these things work...thanks

peteinmd
03-31-2005, 03:26 PM
Steve,

What's the latest tally on applicants?

Best,

PeteinMD

1996 328ti
03-31-2005, 07:30 PM
As of March 27, 36 registered for the HSS and 43 for Sunday.
We are looking good. Nothing has gone out yet.

jkuper
04-12-2005, 07:35 AM
Bump for April 12th :)

1996 328ti
04-12-2005, 08:16 AM
Registration packets still have not gone out. :(
Not my job mang. ;)
Contact Doug Verner. I know the CI was working on the handouts for the mailing.
If this is delaying tech inspection, let me know.

jkuper
04-12-2005, 08:42 AM
My car is not techable right now, rear main is leaking a little bit.

ob325
04-15-2005, 12:37 PM
If this is delaying tech inspection, let me know.

Steve:

Any idea when the packets might be going out (if they haven't already)? I'm only asking because of the tech inspection. The first week in May I have Jury Duty so I really only have next week and the week after to get an appointment and get it all done. Not rushing anyone; I know it's a lot of work and I truly appreciate everything that you all do for the Chapter. Even if you can just email a PDF of the tech form I'll print it on yellow paper and get it done. Thanks.

Todd

jkuper
04-15-2005, 01:07 PM
Does it have to be on special paper? Dan Martin just teched my car for Audi event in 10 days or so, if I had the form, maybe he could do that one as well. Although, if events are so close together, should I re-tech after each event? I mean, for events like BMW/Mazda when you are there for 4 days...

1996 328ti
04-15-2005, 11:11 PM
I will have my car teched for multiple events, BUT I would retech it if I felt in the least that something was wrong. Also I am cautious about my brakes, tires and brake fluid. Just because a car passed tech for one event does not mean it is good for the next one. Bottom line it is the responsibility of the driver. I mean I don't normally have the brake pads or tires on the car when I go through tech. But I do know better than to drive on corded tires.

SharkD
04-19-2005, 11:13 AM
:icon_poke

Pssst.... have the packets gone out yet?

jkuper
04-19-2005, 11:17 AM
I keep forgettign to call in the eve...does Doug have email?

AlfaEric
04-19-2005, 11:38 AM
I keep forgettign to call in the eve...does Doug have email?
It's on the administration page (http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?administration). I don't want to post it directly (avoiding spam).

---Eric

jkuper
04-20-2005, 06:32 AM
His reply
"I got them on Sunday and am working on them now. Hope to ship them
to printing tonight. Will mail as soon as I get them back - this week."

scpera
04-26-2005, 07:45 AM
Wife got her packet yesterday for the 7 May HSS so they have been sent
--Steve

ChosenGSR
04-26-2005, 07:54 AM
I got mine as well :icon_pelv

Prima E36
05-03-2005, 01:00 PM
My son is attending the HSS and DE. This is his first school.

The car is just now getting teched and they balked on his tires being worn. I've run tires with very little tread at other chapter events, but I'm not sure how the NCC runs their schools. So, after a lot of hesitation I gave the go-ahead to replace the tires with Yokohama Avid V4s (not the best choice, but good enough for a start). My real concern is for tread chunking. Any advice or suggestions? Run higher/lower pressures?

Barry
05-03-2005, 02:35 PM
I'll be instructing on Sunday. I read this thread with great interest. A lot of good advice was given but, for a first-timer at the track, some of the recommendations are for more than a newbie needs. That is, IMHO.

All a newbie needs is a properly teched car and a helmet. The helmet can be a loaner. I don't think anyone should go out a spend a lot for the latest SA-rated helmet without first getting some idea if track events are for you. A few years ago a guy I know spent quite a bit for an SA-rated helmet and this was for his first HPDE. At that event, he learned that high-performance driving was not for him, so his first event became his last, and he sold that helmet for a big loss.

Just my $.02.
Barry

Pinecone
05-03-2005, 06:54 PM
For the HSS, should be no problems with chunking. The DE for a novice it is also unlikely. Just keep an eye on the tires.

1996 328ti
05-03-2005, 07:19 PM
I think if an independent is doing tech and says you need tires, you need tires. Even if you weren't doing a driving event I think it's pretty important to have a well maintained car for the street. Many people never even check their air pressure let alone look at their wear bars on tires.

NoSoup4U
05-04-2005, 09:59 AM
I sent an email to the registrar but have not heard a response. My car is not going to be ready -- I can bring "a" car -- or something; but, would prefer to defer the monetary amount of the school to the next BMWCCA school at the main circuit, if possible.

Please advise.

1996 328ti
05-04-2005, 12:18 PM
I sent an email to the registrar but have not heard a response. My car is not going to be ready -- I can bring "a" car -- or something; but, would prefer to defer the monetary amount of the school to the next BMWCCA school at the main circuit, if possible.

Please advise.Doug may me out of town but he is answering emails.
I think it is too late for a refund. No one says you need a BMW. The HSS will not be putting the stress on the car the a driving school would. But I've seen people show up in rentals in other schools.

NoSoup4U
05-04-2005, 12:19 PM
No one says you need a BMW.

Sweet .. Jeep Wrangler, here I come!

1996 328ti
05-04-2005, 12:47 PM
Sweet .. Jeep Wrangler, here I come!
No! No SUVs, jeeps or convertibles.
The only SUV we are allowing are X3s and X5s at this time.
And that is only for the HSS.

SharkD
05-04-2005, 05:30 PM
I'm in a similar boat -- my 325iS snapped a rocker arm (at 15mph on 16th street) on Sunday. If Dan "Miracle Worker" Martin can't get the new head installed by Tomorrow evening, I'm SOL, unless I can switch to the 635CSi (which will be teched-out tomorrow morning)...

According to Doug, whether or not I can switch is up to Bill Shook (NCC Chief Instructor). I've yet to hear back (I've been CCing him on all my emails to Doug.)

:icon_shru

ChosenGSR
05-04-2005, 05:49 PM
I'm in a similar boat -- my 325iS snapped a rocker arm (at 15mph on 16th street) on Sunday. If Dan "Miracle Worker" Martin can't get the new head installed by Tomorrow evening, I'm SOL, unless I can switch to the 635CSi (which will be teched-out tomorrow morning)...

According to Doug, whether or not I can switch is up to Bill Shook (NCC Chief Instructor). I've yet to hear back (I've been CCing him on all my emails to Doug.)

:icon_shru

why is it a problem to switch? :confused:

1996 328ti
05-04-2005, 06:24 PM
why is it a problem to switch? :confused:Probably not a problem but the CI should know. He may base instructor assignments based on car.

Rafgar
05-04-2005, 06:30 PM
Doug may me out of town but he is answering emails.
I think it is too late for a refund. No one says you need a BMW. The HSS will not be putting the stress on the car the a driving school would. But I've seen people show up in rentals in other schools.

Guys,

No rental cars allowed.

Neither are SUVs (except for X3 and X5 at HSS only).

1996 328ti
05-04-2005, 07:50 PM
No rental cars allowed.I said other schools. ;)

Pete
05-05-2005, 08:45 AM
Due to lack of available parts and in incredibly incompetent group of idiots over at Ground Control my car will not be back together in time. Who do I need to inform to let them know I won't be able to make it.

It amazes me that GC takes over a month to make something and then ships it incorrectly.

Pete

SharkD
05-05-2005, 06:12 PM
Due to lack of available parts and in incredibly incompetent group of idiots over at Ground Control my car will not be back together in time. Who do I need to inform to let them know I won't be able to make it.

It amazes me that GC takes over a month to make something and then ships it incorrectly.
Wha? So, yer tellin' me that them thar Ee-36 cars ain't the same as thems BMW E-Thirty's? Well, I'll be... :icon_mad:

---

Sorry, man. I feel your pain -- my M20 head, which was supposed to ship overnight on Monday, still hasn't made its way to Gaithersburg. Looks like the 6er gets a farewell tour of the Jefferson, afterall.

:icon_omfg

Pete
05-06-2005, 04:18 PM
Wha? So, yer tellin' me that them thar Ee-36 cars ain't the same as thems BMW E-Thirty's? Well, I'll be... :icon_mad:

---

Sorry, man. I feel your pain -- my M20 head, which was supposed to ship overnight on Monday, still hasn't made its way to Gaithersburg. Looks like the 6er gets a farewell tour of the Jefferson, afterall.

:icon_omfg

Good news, I found a car to drive so I'll be there.

Pete

AlfaEric
05-06-2005, 04:28 PM
Good news, I found a car to drive so I'll be there.

Pete
Congrats! What are you driving?

---Eric

Pete
05-08-2005, 09:19 AM
Congrats! What are you driving?

---Eric

You know this, but an 91 M5. It was a blast to drive.

Pete

AlfaEric
05-08-2005, 10:45 AM
You know this, but an 91 M5. It was a blast to drive.

Pete
I didn't know when I posted the question.

---Eric