PDA

View Full Version : New to area and getting oil change on 02 M3

Wolf34
07-28-2010, 10:36 AM
I've lived in Capitol Hill for 3 months now and need to set up an oil change for this Saturday morning. I don't have any experience with the dealers around here. I saw the list of indy shops but if it's just an oil change I didn't know if it mattered.

Any convenient suggestions as far as dealers or would life be easier and cheaper at an indy shop?

Thanks a lot.

woodym3
07-29-2010, 06:31 AM
I can't advise you on prices as I always do my own oil changes. A lot of the independents are closed on Saturdays. I don't know about dealerships - it's been over 20 years since I've dealt with one. I suggest you just start making phone calls.

pseto
07-29-2010, 06:43 AM
Passport has Sat hours, chk with them to see if they can get you in/out for an oil change.

Bob
07-29-2010, 06:52 AM
UUC is advertising oil changes for $97 for comparison. (in Georgia), I do my own, about $35 with good syn.oil, as little as $20 with Dino oil.

Wolf34
07-29-2010, 11:49 AM
Thanks guys. Don't have the facilities to do it myself. Apartment living in DC doesn't really give you much on the car care side of things. Just thankful I found one with a parking deck where i can afford to eat more than PB&J. Trying to find a decent do it yourself car wash bay has been a pain! Hardly any around that are in decent parts of town.

Yep, most indies are closed on Saturday. There was a coupon on Passport's website for $79 oil change. We'll see if I actually get out of the door for that. Going in Saturday Morning.

prentissra
07-29-2010, 01:59 PM
You also have the option of signing up for a DIY session and doing it at a shop with our chapter.

Nick325xiT 5spd
07-29-2010, 09:33 PM
Or you could go here:

http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/showthread.php?6344-Northern-Virginia-s-Do-It-Yourself-Mechanics-Shop

If you need this to happen on the weekend, that's probably your best bet.

jfmjr442
07-30-2010, 08:17 AM
Thanks guys. Don't have the facilities to do it myself. Apartment living in DC doesn't really give you much on the car care side of things. Just thankful I found one with a parking deck where i can afford to eat more than PB&J. Trying to find a decent do it yourself car wash bay has been a pain! Hardly any around that are in decent parts of town.

Yep, most indies are closed on Saturday. There was a coupon on Passport's website for $79 oil change. We'll see if I actually get out of the door for that. Going in Saturday Morning.

There is a very nice DIY wash in Rockville MD called Flagship - just north of Montrose Road - probably a 30 minute ride tops from Capital Hill. Worth the trip. You could also call BMW Excluservice for the oil change - they are also in Rockville on Parklawn Dr. I do my own oil changes but have used them for alignments. Nice knowledgeable people. 2 birds with one stone.

HTH

John

Pilot&Co-Pilot
08-05-2010, 10:43 PM
Reese at Fairfax Service Center is open on Saturday's and is BMW M3 nut. Nice guy too.

703-560-1700
2858 Prosperity Ave
Fairfax Va 22031