PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for Quality Paint

Zdaneman
07-09-2010, 10:28 PM
Over the 4th of July, I had a weed eater come off my garage wall and hit the roof of my 90 325is 30. Needless to say, I'm shocked!!! Car has flawless orginial paint and I need a really quality paint shop to repair the dent and match the stock brilliant red paint.

Any recommendations? USAA has give me permission to select any shop.:cool:

Thanks
Zdaneman- Red One

mcoupemindy
07-10-2010, 09:38 AM
Over the 4th of July, I had a weed eater come off my garage wall and hit the roof of my 90 325is 30. Needless to say, I'm shocked!!! Car has flawless orginial paint and I need a really quality paint shop to repair the dent and match the stock brilliant red paint.

Any recommendations? USAA has give me permission to select any shop.:cool:

Thanks
Zdaneman- Red One

How bad is it? Post some pictures.

Since you have original paint I highly suggest that you do NOT jump the gun and get paintwork done right away. The paintless dent guys can work some serious magic and pending the amount of missing paint, an excellent detailer/paint restoration guy can fix that.

Zdaneman
07-10-2010, 05:31 PM
One of the National E30 guys said the same thing! I sent e-mail to local paintless dent repair (Dent Masters). I'm waiting for their reply. It might be the best way to go!

Photo attached

mcoupemindy
07-10-2010, 09:05 PM
Ouch ... that's in a rough spot. The glass might come out but I've seen PDR guys fix much greater damage. Good luck and keep us updated with you choice.

Nick325xiT 5spd
07-13-2010, 02:10 PM
Taking the glass out of an E30 is super easy. I can get a windshield out without damaging it in literally less than 2 minutes. Reinstalling is a little slower (45 minutes with a friend's help), but that's no big deal.

Good luck getting that repaired.

Pilot&Co-Pilot
08-05-2010, 10:46 PM
Jeff Shaws BMW Car Craft in Baltimore City is an excellent BMW body shop.

Zcruizer
08-07-2010, 09:18 AM
I've heard good things about Jeff Shaw too. "Very particular about his work"