PDA

View Full Version : Info on MD CCA Tags?

fiveayam
07-08-2010, 10:08 PM
I see that these are available (thought the office is closed until late July) but was wondering if anyone could enlighten me on the process. I'm curious as to how I'd go about getting registration stickers for the new tags, and how to go about returning my old tags. Should I get a new insurance card as well?

1996 328ti
07-08-2010, 10:26 PM
Fill out the form. Bob will attend to it when he returns.
I'm assuming the tags come with registration stickers like any other license plate.
You can either mail your old tags back or bring them to DMV.
Your license plate isn't recorded on your insurance card, is it?

fiveayam
07-09-2010, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the advice. I'm pretty sure the plate number is on my insurance card, but that should be no big deal to replace. I was mainly concerned about the registration stickers. Thanks again-can't wait to get these!

pseto
07-09-2010, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the advice. I'm pretty sure the plate number is on my insurance card, but that should be no big deal to replace. I was mainly concerned about the registration stickers. Thanks again-can't wait to get these!

registration stickers definitely come with the tags. you can also physically go to Glen Burnie MVA to pickup the new tags and drop off the old ones. take a screwdriver with you and change them in the parking lot. this saves quite a bit of time than using snailmail.

pseto
07-09-2010, 10:21 PM
Get the new ones, then take off the old ones. Sometimes you may not be able to pick them up for mystifying bureaucratic reasons at MVA (it's not my job).

Vic

They physically have the club tags at the Glen Burnie MVA and there's a special desk to get them that's almost never busy. I've gotten a few sets of plates and I've been in and out in less than 15 minutes.

fiveayam
07-09-2010, 11:57 PM
More great advice. I'll probably do the physical pick-up over snail mail since I could use the highway miles. Plus, I like the idea of getting it done in one fell swoop.

ventsyv
07-10-2010, 12:54 AM
Go early in the morning (I think they open at 8) and you'll be out of there in no time.

Use the screwdriver from the trunk toolset to take the old tags off and take them and the form you'll get from Bob to the second level. You'll see a desk for organizational tags. Pay by credit card, and ask if you can leave the old tags with them.

I was out in 30 - 45 min

spidertri
07-19-2010, 07:43 AM
Go early in the morning (I think they open at 8) and you'll be out of there in no time.

Use the screwdriver from the trunk toolset to take the old tags off and take them and the form you'll get from Bob to the second level. You'll see a desk for organizational tags. Pay by credit card, and ask if you can leave the old tags with them.

I was out in 30 - 45 min

How much does it cost to have the cca tags?

pseto
07-19-2010, 08:23 AM
How much does it cost to have the cca tags?

same price as any other specialty plate $25

http://www.mva.maryland.gov/Vehicle-Services/SpecialtyPlates/displayPlateDetails.asp?PLATEID=316