PDA

View Full Version : Wheels and tires

flanast
06-18-2010, 07:19 AM
I am looking for a second set of wheels and tires for my 2009 M3 coupe to use for driving schools. Can anyone recommend a place to purchase in the area? I would also be interested in any thoughts on the particular wheel and tire I should purchase for driving school.

pseto
06-18-2010, 07:53 AM
you can find plenty of OEM wheel/tires from m3post/e90post boards; alot of people change rims as soon as they pick the car up

thotts
06-18-2010, 04:17 PM
I just ordered a set wheels from modbargains.com for summer/track use. And I'm soon to order some Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 (and TPMs) from tirerack.com. When you order 4 Michelin tires, there is a $70 rebate right now. (The rebate comes in the form of an American Express-branded Reward Card.)

I have a question about E92's and spare-tires. I currently have run-flats, so of course, I have no spare. The summer/track set will be regular tires. Where do E92's without run-flats store their spare and gear (i.e. jack, etc.)?

I found this (http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=MorePartInfo&PartID=766538&siteid=214672&catalogid=4462) while reading forums out there on the interweb and the spare-kit seems to work for the E92.

So I'm probably going to purchase that, but is the only option to use trunk space to store it? Can I easily remove the storage tray under the carpet and place the spare-kit there?

Any other options for a spare-kit that uses little to no trunk space?

Thanks for your comments.

pseto
06-19-2010, 08:15 AM
I just ordered a set wheels from modbargains.com for summer/track use. And I'm soon to order some Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 (and TPMs) from tirerack.com. When you order 4 Michelin tires, there is a $70 rebate right now. (The rebate comes in the form of an American Express-branded Reward Card.)

I have a question about E92's and spare-tires. I currently have run-flats, so of course, I have no spare. The summer/track set will be regular tires. Where do E92's without run-flats store their spare and gear (i.e. jack, etc.)?

I found this (http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=MorePartInfo&PartID=766538&siteid=214672&catalogid=4462) while reading forums out there on the interweb and the spare-kit seems to work for the E92.

So I'm probably going to purchase that, but is the only option to use trunk space to store it? Can I easily remove the storage tray under the carpet and place the spare-kit there?

Any other options for a spare-kit that uses little to no trunk space?

Thanks for your comments.

sorry, no other spot to store a spare other than the trunk.

Reach
06-19-2010, 03:36 PM
If you can at all avoid it, I recommend not buying anything from modbargains, ever. Their products are of a low quality. Even the knockoff wheels they sell are cheaper / worse than typical knockoffs. E.g: MiRO brand wheels vs VMR.

They also just got done with a group buy where they sold 'lightweight' 18.5lb wheels that actually weighted 22-24lbs when the customers got them. They just don't care about the products they sell.