PDA

View Full Version : Review Section

1996 328ti
01-31-2010, 08:50 PM
Since people are always asking about different dealerships and independents, would a Review Section be useful? One person would start the review and others could comment, pro or con.

I'm thinking of different sections

Automotive Repair

BMW Dealers
Independents
Windshield Repair
Body Repair

Auto Purchase

BMW Dealers
Independents

Aftermarket

Restaurants

mdepena
02-01-2010, 10:13 AM
It would be nice if you could setup a template so that fair comparisons can be made.

1996 328ti
02-01-2010, 10:37 AM
It would be nice if you could setup a template so that fair comparisons can be made.That's something this wouldn't be able to do.
But I think you can give ratings, but ratings are very subjective.

Edit: Don't forget, we are here to serve the members.

Reach
02-01-2010, 10:40 AM
I think the "fair" part is going to be an issue. Remember the old customer service adage "Treat the customer right, they might tell a friend. Treat the customer wrong, and they'll tell everyone." Every forum I'm on that has something like this it turns into a complaint fest, where everyone wants you to know how horrible x dealer or y shop is. You end up wanting to take your business to the shop with the least complaints, not the most praise, because praise is harder to come by.

Besides I'd hate to see BMW of Sterling go out of business because of us ;) (see what I did there...)

1996 328ti
02-01-2010, 12:47 PM
I don't think there is a dealer in the area that someone hasn't had an issue with.
Might even go as far to say, in the country.

I'm trying to get away from the long thread we have now regarding different shops.

mdepena
02-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Besides I'd hate to see BMW of Sterling go out of business because of us ;) (see what I did there...)

Don't get me started with Sterling BMW. :-)

1996 328ti
02-01-2010, 02:10 PM
Don't get me started with Sterling BMW. :-)If Sterling didn't f' up our Mini's transmission when I lived there we wouldn't have gotten a replacement transmission out of warranty in SC. But let's not go O/T. ;)