PDA

View Full Version : 335i Coupe Aftermarket Exhaust Recommendations

mdepena
01-29-2010, 05:44 PM
I've had the Dinan Stage 2 software upgrade done, now I'm ready for a more aggressive exhaust note.

I've looked at several, including:
- BMW Performance - nice note, but seems pricey
- Borla - a little too tame
- Dinan - nice note, but pricey
- Turner Motorsports - this is the one I'm leaning towards. I really like the sound and the price is about right.

I welcome hearing about your experiences, thoughts and, yes, even opinions.

My objective is to have a nicer sounding daily commuter that has the sound to match the nice power. I've done a couple of autocrosses, but not that important.

Thanks.

pseto
01-29-2010, 09:19 PM
i assume you're just looking for a catback, so there are 2 that i'd recommend:
1) Eisennman Sport or Race - nice, deep throaty sound, although the Race version can get pretty loud
2) CPE (Beltsville MD) - local, custom install that's done quite a few on e90post forum. a lot more affordable, but not as aggressive sounding as Eisennman

Dinan is absolutely overpriced, as is the BMW Performance. there are utube videos on e90post on the above to hear what they sounds like.

Nick325xiT 5spd
01-29-2010, 10:06 PM
The BMW performance mufflers are really cheesily made. MIG welds that weren't even cleaned are pretty staggering in an exhaust that is that overpriced.

mcoupemindy
01-30-2010, 02:38 PM
I highly suggest going the custom route. It will cost about the same, if not less, than the others listed and can be made EXACTLY how you want it. Call Robbie / Mitch at Piper Motorsport (http://www.pipermotorsport.com/). You won't find a better value, dollar per dollar. Just a recommendation from a VERY satisfied customer (they did my full custom exhaust on my M Coupe).

mdepena
01-31-2010, 08:26 PM
Thank you for the feedback. I really appreciate it. With the suggestion made and the research I've done over the last few days, I'm hoping to make a decision this week.

woodym3
02-01-2010, 10:26 AM
I've had the Dinan Stage 2 software upgrade done, now I'm ready for a more aggressive exhaust note.

I've looked at several, including:
- BMW Performance - nice note, but seems pricey
- Borla - a little too tame
- Dinan - nice note, but pricey
- Turner Motorsports - this is the one I'm leaning towards. I really like the sound and the price is about right.

I welcome hearing about your experiences, thoughts and, yes, even opinions.

My objective is to have a nicer sounding daily commuter that has the sound to match the nice power. I've done a couple of autocrosses, but not that important.

Thanks.

A friend recently switched to a Corsa exhaust on his 335 (sold by UUC). We just did a round trip to Daytona. It has a nice sound when using the go-fast pedal, but not intrusive at all when cruising on the interstate. I have no knowledge of price or other brands.

mdepena
03-09-2010, 10:22 PM
I finally made the move and decided on CP-E (Custom Performance Engineering) in Beltsville, MD. http://www.cp-e.com/

Josh Adams and the guys at CP-E were great. The quality of the build is top-notch and it's Made in the USA!

The sound is deep and aggressive, yet civilized. I do recommend the resonators as they help to smooth out the highway growl.

Surprisingly, I also noticed (I was not expecting it) a definite change in performance, at least according to the butt-dyno.

I would wholeheartedly recommend CP-E. I cannot say enough good things about the exhaust and the people.

I'll be at the morning Autocross on 3/20, if you're interested in checking it out.

Thank you for the recommendation, Paul.

pseto
03-09-2010, 10:48 PM
I finally made the move and decided on CP-E (Custom Performance Engineering) in Beltsville, MD. http://www.cp-e.com/

Josh Adams and the guys at CP-E were great. The quality of the build is top-notch and it's Made in the USA!

The sound is deep and aggressive, yet civilized. I do recommend the resonators as they help to smooth out the highway growl.

Surprisingly, I also noticed (I was not expecting it) a definite change in performance, at least according to the butt-dyno.

I would wholeheartedly recommend CP-E. I cannot say enough good things about the exhaust and the people.

I'll be at the morning Autocross on 3/20, if you're interested in checking it out.

Thank you for the recommendation, Paul.

Glad you like it. CPE makes an excellent product and Josh and company are top notch. Hopefully we'll catch up soon so I can hear it (hint to post a video link :))