PDA

View Full Version : New Website Safety - McAfee Red Flag

Jim Dunlap
12-29-2009, 10:45 PM
:confused:My McAfee isn't happy with the new website*. In an interesting star link (we're linked to the Dove Valley Winery? - Geez...I used that stuff to clean brake parts) we're related to many of our site links - but they are all apparently OK. I'm not a computer nerd, much less an Internet expert...but someone who is should check this out. Thanks.

*McAfee TrustedSource web reputation analysis found potential security risks with this site. Use with extreme caution.

Jim Dunlap
12-30-2009, 01:17 PM
Hmmm. I can read the English...not sure I understand what it all means....

1996 328ti
12-30-2009, 02:02 PM
It's probably seeing illicit sites linking back to this one. I forgot the term for it but sites do this all the time.
I think it boosts their rank in search engines. There is nothing to be concerned about.

Bob
12-30-2009, 02:25 PM
It's a false positive. It's the same sort of system that makes you take off your shoes at the airport, but allows known terrorists to get on planes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TrustedSource

Vic

So now we have to remove our underwear at airport security?

1996 328ti
12-30-2009, 03:17 PM
So now we have to remove our underwear at airport security?You mean you haven't before?

Jim Dunlap
12-31-2009, 12:02 AM
Am I to interpret the comments to mean that the average "Joe BMW" wears underwear? Ooooo...hmmm...ahhh.... Well, let me tell you about the legacy of the 60s.... "With pardon, sir: do you dress right, or dress left?"

If this goes past you, the location "Savile Row" will as well. Hint: close to Brands Hatch, Silverstone, and various other God-Blessed locations.

Now then, what this all has to do with website security...ooooo, hmmm, ahhh...hoping for the best, I guess.