PDA

View Full Version : (2009) We Need Your Feedback!

mcoupemindy
10-25-2009, 06:06 AM
NCC Autocrosser,

Thank you for attending our events and making this year extremely successful! We had a great time and hope you did too!

Looking into the future, we would like to have your feedback on some key items for next year. We ask that you take a few moments and complete the following survey:

http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?option=com_bfsurvey_pro&view=bfsurveypro&catid=60&Itemid=176

We will critically review and use this feedback to make critical changes to next years program as we are always looking for ways to improve.

Thank you once again for making our program excellent!

Best Regards,

Jonathan M. Thayer

agreatham
10-25-2009, 11:10 AM
Submitted my feedback just now. Overall, I can say that the NCC autocross program is the most fun I've ever had in a moving automobile! :wink:

95Maxrider
10-25-2009, 12:06 PM
Done! Can't really think of much that needs changing except more events!

Reach
10-25-2009, 03:24 PM
I think I broke your sql field by using apostrophes. (')

Do better exception handling. :)

jbrannon7
10-26-2009, 07:11 AM
I think I broke your sql field by using apostrophes. (')

Do better exception handling. :)

I got the error also but I didn't use any special carachters.

mcoupemindy
10-26-2009, 07:17 AM
I got the error also but I didn't use any special carachters.

I have an email into the developer to see if there's a patch for it.

gbauer
10-26-2009, 08:02 AM
I didn't have any errors.

Perhaps my internet skillz are better than you young kids?

:p

mcoupemindy
10-26-2009, 08:19 AM
Thank you to everyone who are taking the time to submit the survey. If you haven't submitted it yet, PLEASE submit it as soon as possible. Thanks.

Highflyr777
10-27-2009, 01:27 PM
done.

Claff
10-29-2009, 05:51 AM
I broke it too. Also I wasn't really thinking that 1 was best and 9 was worst and I wound up giving Baysox Stadium a real low score - reverse that, I like running there as it's a decent lot and the closest to home

mcoupemindy
10-29-2009, 06:00 AM
I broke it too. Also I wasn't really thinking that 1 was best and 9 was worst and I wound up giving Baysox Stadium a real low score - reverse that, I like running there as it's a decent lot and the closest to home

Claff,

Could you please resubmit the survey with the appropriate scores? I cannot adjust it once it has been submitted, all I can do is delete the old one.

Thanks!

And thanks to everyone for providing some great feedback for next year's program.

Claff
10-29-2009, 09:37 PM
Done. Gave MSP and SP middle of the road grades since I haven't run at either yet.

jbrannon7
10-30-2009, 01:48 PM
Done. Gave MSP and SP middle of the road grades since I haven't run at either yet.

That's a shame then, because MSP is a fine lot and SP bites.

woodym3
10-30-2009, 03:26 PM
That's a shame then, because MSP is a fine lot and SP bites.

I think I gave all three the same score. Each has its pros and cons IMHO.

jbrannon7
10-31-2009, 09:19 AM
I think I gave all three the same score. Each has its pros and cons IMHO.

Really? I think MSP is the best lot we run at, Bowie has some crumbling pavement and those curbs, SP has grip that varies from ok to very poor with no warning and drainage problems. Those that visit SP with several clubs may learn where the grip is and where it's not, but I prefer MSP and Bowie and rated them much higher.

Joe

woodym3
10-31-2009, 10:25 AM
I think the varying grip at Summit makes for challenging driving, and it's the same for everyone.

My thoughts:
Bowie - Pro: 28 miles from home.
Sufficient paddock space
Food nearby

Con: Poor pavement on lower lot
Safety concern with curbs

Maryland Police Facility - Pro: No obstacles in a medium size lot.
Varied course designs possible
Good pavement

Con: 62 miles from home.
Very little paddock space
Cars on grid can't watch competitors or hear announcers

Summit - Pro: Varied course designs from fast to slow possible.
Easy on tires.

Con: 65 miles from home.
Poor drainage
Many grass islands to catch a spinning car.
Unable to see or hear competition from paddock

BradMW
11-02-2009, 11:57 AM
Really? I think MSP is the best lot we run at, Bowie has some crumbling pavement and those curbs, SP has grip that varies from ok to very poor with no warning and drainage problems. Those that visit SP with several clubs may learn where the grip is and where it's not, but I prefer MSP and Bowie and rated them much higher.

Joe

Pretty sure SP grip is as simple as: very bad on center ring, not great on side rings, and terrible wherever there's a lake, depending on tires of course.

Also, Bowie curbs just add excitement, but the crumbling lower lot is a bit of an issue; it would probably be possible to only use the top lot like CDC, but it really decimates the fun of the course as far as I'm concerned.

One improvement I would make to Bowie is our general path -- I would reverse the grid (there's an entrance to the lot near the stadium entrance that we have not used) and make the course pass the islands into the lower lot as soon as possible. This way, the next car can go as soon as the previous car is back from the lower lot, while the previous car still has about 30-35 seconds worth of course left, which is a nice improvement over the 50 seconds between runs we had at Event 8.

mcoupemindy
11-02-2009, 12:01 PM
Pretty sure SP grip is as simple as: very bad on center ring, not great on side rings, and terrible wherever there's a lake, depending on tires of course.

Also, Bowie curbs just add excitement, but the crumbling lower lot is a bit of an issue; it would probably be possible to only use the top lot like CDC, but it really decimates the fun of the course as far as I'm concerned.

One improvement I would make to Bowie is our general path -- I would reverse the grid (there's an entrance to the lot near the stadium entrance that we have not used) and make the course pass the islands into the lower lot as soon as possible. This way, the next car can go as soon as the previous car is back from the lower lot, while the previous car still has about 30-35 seconds worth of course left, which is a nice improvement over the 50 seconds between runs we had at Event 8.

This confuses me as I'm very simple. Please draw it up so we can consider. If you're thinking of using the lot that we typically paddock on - then it's a no as our contract does not permit it.

woodym3
11-02-2009, 03:13 PM
No, it's having the start near where the back end of our grid line is now. I did that at a PCA event and it worked good. Timing and Scoring was on the grass island.

mcoupemindy
11-02-2009, 06:52 PM
No, it's having the start near where the back end of our grid line is now. I did that at a PCA event and it worked good. Timing and Scoring was on the grass island.

That sounds interesting ...

hoyabmw
11-02-2009, 07:08 PM

I used to do that all the time. Change is what makes it fun.

woodym3
11-03-2009, 11:05 AM
I used to do that all the time. Change is what makes it fun.

How quickly I forget.

jbrannon7
11-09-2009, 07:06 PM
Hmm, no traffic on the forum for a few days. I guess I can stir the pot some.

I felt kinda uncomfortable at the last event as high horsepower cars drifted around the skid pad and were coming towards me sideways.

Joe