PDA

View Full Version : DIY #10 Comments & Criticisms

Zchild
10-17-2009, 07:23 PM
:icon_pelv Hello bimmer dreamers and gearheads; it's time for you to express your opinion on the last DIY event held at Convenience Car Care in Manassas, Va on 17 Oct 09. We appreciate all input both good and bad. Thanks for your imporatant input. Happy Motoring...
:icon_danc

TimInNOVA
10-17-2009, 08:06 PM
This was my first DIY day and I have to say I am completely impressed with how well it was organized and the hospitality of the staff at Convenience Car Care. So many club members and staff chipped in to help me with advice and the occasional loan of a tool. I want to especially thank Alan for organizing this and Rod for assisting me with my rear brakes. I can’t wait until DIY 11. :biggrin:
-Tim
2001 M5

John in VA
10-17-2009, 08:51 PM
This was my first trip to CCC. Very helpful & informative crew, as well as a great group of club members. I'm already signed up for DIY # 11.

Kingbled
10-19-2009, 07:56 AM
Yeah I have to say that was one of the best automotive interactions I have had in a long time...and I mean looooooooooooong time. DAN IS THE MAN....let me say it again...DAN IS THE MAN for all the help that he gave. The CCC Staff was Great...Hats off. Better yet Kangol off to the staff. I am in on the next one.

prentissra
10-19-2009, 05:29 PM
Thanks again to everyone that came to the DIY. We had an excellent event and everyone that came got up on a lift including our walk-ups.

We are always treated great by Convenience Car Care and really appreciate their support of the club

gkrea1
10-19-2009, 08:30 PM
Very impressed with the CCC shop and their dedication to racing. Timmy, Bobby, Dan and all of the techs were very generous with their time and experience (and doughnuts). Thanks also to all the local club members who welcomed this transplant from Michigan.

Greg R.
----------------------------------
1985 M639 arctic blue shark II
1989 E32/M30 white whale
ex-1965 Ford Falcon Futura Convertible (302 H.O. auto, still in the family)
ex-1986 E24 turbo arctic blue shark I (sold 3/07)

bimmer325imt
10-22-2009, 07:01 AM
Wow, this DIY was a great one and this time I had my wife assist me in changing the timing belt and water pump on the E30. There were minor bumps along the way but it all turned out well. This makes the trip to CCC in Manassas from Baltimore worth the drive.

John in VA
10-22-2009, 06:36 PM
bimmer325imt,
I'm glad to hear you were able to get it all back together on Saturday. I've never had to do this job in a single day!