PDA

View Full Version : (2009) YTD Points / Trophy Qualification

mcoupemindy
10-04-2009, 09:13 AM
Hi All:

Did some number crunching this morning and here's what I have:

Currently, these drivers have attended the minimum 6 events and are in the running for awards. Please note that there are many drivers with 5 events and as long as they run in the final event, they will be added to this list:

http://www.nccbmwcca.org/usermedia/results/autocross/2009_membership_yep.htm

As far as the raw points data, here it is:

http://www.nccbmwcca.org/usermedia/results/autocross/2009_membership_points.htm

Please let me know of any corrections ASAP. The earlier corrections can be made, the better. We are shooting for all results corrections by November 15, 2009. The results then will become final and will not be corrected again.

BradMW
10-04-2009, 10:05 AM
I'm completely missing from T3, probably because you had my 1st event in S3.

mcoupemindy
10-04-2009, 10:07 AM
I'm completely missing from T3, probably because you had my 1st event in S3.

Correct ... would you like me to reclass your first event to T3? (There's nothing stating that you can't do that!)

BradMW
10-04-2009, 10:12 AM
I'm almost certain I'll be dropping that event (balding all-seasons in the rain, wheeeeee) so it doesn't really matter, but sure.

ronh21
10-04-2009, 06:36 PM
I didn't even make the raw data table :confused: What's up with that? My T2 results are 0,10,9,9,10,6,10. That should be good for something :wink: I don't understand the "drop" rule, so I'm not sure where that puts me.

Reach
10-04-2009, 06:38 PM
Jonathan, please re-class my S1 results into T1 for the year. Thank you!

Reach
10-04-2009, 06:42 PM
2 other things, I think there are some events missing for me... I've been to every NCC event this year but I see only 4 results for myself, 2 in S1 and 2 in T1.

Also, in S1 there is a Jim Dunlap / James Dunlap split issued (same person).

Jim Dunlap
10-04-2009, 06:47 PM
Sorry for being difficult...but: Dunlap, Jim and Dunlap, James are the same person...same '05 M3. Can we collapse the two persons into one? Thanks.

Zcruizer
10-04-2009, 07:35 PM
James, J, Jim, Jimmy, Jim-bob, Jimbo, Jamie, Jimkahna, Jimbalaya, Jimski, Jimanski..............Dunlap. Just don't call him late for dinner.

mcoupemindy
10-05-2009, 07:18 AM
Thanks for all the input. I'll start scrubbing it better this week. Please keep it coming.

woodym3
10-05-2009, 08:55 AM
With so many (hundreds?) running our events, and so few eligible for season awards, it looks to me like we should reduce the number of necessary qualifying events to 3 or 4 for next year.

And what happened to Ron Hougham's results in T2?

mcoupemindy
10-05-2009, 09:25 AM
With so many (hundreds?) running our events, and so few eligible for season awards, it looks to me like we should reduce the number of necessary qualifying events to 3 or 4 for next year.

And what happened to Ron Hougham's results in T2?

There must be something fishy going on with AxWare. I'm looking into Ron's results ...

And I already have it noted to review trophy qualification in the annual meeting.

95Maxrider
10-05-2009, 02:06 PM
I'm looking at the XS results and something doesn't sync up with the results pages. Pete's numbers are correct from my calculations, but my results and Ron's don't add up. I know nobody cares, but here's my rant:

For example, it says Ron earned 1 point at the first event, although he came in 32nd place. His results from events 2+3 are correct, but for the 4th event he came in 25th, and again, that doesn't award 1 point as it is listed. Results are correct for the 5th event, but he was again given 1 point for the 6th event when he came in 15th place. The results are correct for event 7. By my calculations he has 14 points, not 17.

My results are a little better, but still incorrect. My points are listed as 6, 5, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1. Per the results pages, they are actually 6, 5, 0, 0, 1, 1, 2, which equals 15, not 14, which puts me in second place. I know I don't earn anything either way, but........

mcoupemindy
10-05-2009, 02:15 PM
I'm looking at the XS results and something doesn't sync up with the results pages. Pete's numbers are correct from my calculations, but my results and Ron's don't add up. I know nobody cares, but here's my rant:

For example, it says Ron earned 1 point at the first event, although he came in 32nd place. His results from events 2+3 are correct, but for the 4th event he came in 25th, and again, that doesn't award 1 point as it is listed. Results are correct for the 5th event, but he was again given 1 point for the 6th event when he came in 15th place. The results are correct for event 7. By my calculations he has 14 points, not 17.

My results are a little better, but still incorrect. My points are listed as 6, 5, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1. Per the results pages, they are actually 6, 5, 0, 0, 1, 1, 2, which equals 15, not 14, which puts me in second place. I know I don't earn anything either way, but........

Something's going on in AxWare (timing software). I might have to calculate it externally due to all the errors if I can't get it to cooperate.

MazdaSC
10-05-2009, 06:47 PM
It does seem like there might be a glitch, I ran event 1 in XS, 2,3 & 5 in XR and event 6 in T2, but for some reason I have points for XS showing up for event 3 & 5 as well. Hopefully there are no problems with the BMW classes where it really matters.

James D.

MazdaSC
10-05-2009, 06:52 PM
Jonathan, Sorry to say after looking at the points again it seems like there are problems throughout, hopefully you won't have to go back and reenter everything by hand.

Jim Dunlap
10-06-2009, 08:19 PM
James, J, Jim, Jimmy, Jim-bob, Jimbo, Jamie, Jimkahna, Jimbalaya, Jimski, Jimanski..............Dunlap. Just don't call him late for dinner.

You forgot Jimmie. My high school best friend's name...and he's a guy. Otherwise, good list!!

Zcruizer
10-07-2009, 12:26 AM
Oh, I knew there were more......
I've been called just about all those. For a while people thought my name was Richard, I think. Anytime someone saw me they said "Hey Dick!". Oh well, what's in a name?
I hope all your times are put together so you have the option of dropping the worse one.

gbauer
10-08-2009, 03:15 PM
Anytime someone saw me they said "Hey Dick!".
That's a common occurrence when you drive a BMW you know... :frown:

...but if you're car's fast enough you'll never hear it! :wink:

jbrannon7
10-09-2009, 07:48 AM
That's a common occurrence when you drive a BMW you know... :frown:

...but if you're car's fast enough you'll never hear it! :wink:

A joke my 14 year old daughter told me when I bought my M Roadster.

Hey Dad, you know the difference between a BMW and a porcupine?

With a porcupine the pricks are on the outside.

Joe

Bob
10-09-2009, 02:43 PM
A joke my 14 year old daughter told me when I bought my M Roadster.

Hey Dad, you know the difference between a BMW and a porcupine?

With a porcupine the pricks are on the outside.

Joe

Joe, actually thats a Porsche joke, much funnier that way! Bob

ronh21
10-09-2009, 03:39 PM
Why do you guys keep bumping this thread, giving me hope that my YTD results (remember those?) have finally been resurrected from the great unknown? It's just cruel :frown: Make your own name calling/bad joke thread :wink:

BradMW
10-11-2009, 07:35 AM
Is it possible to get this updated before the last event? If need be, I can set aside some time for web-scraping, assuming everything on the result pages is correct.

mcoupemindy
10-11-2009, 07:52 AM
Is it possible to get this updated before the last event? If need be, I can set aside some time for web-scraping, assuming everything on the result pages is correct.

The results pages are ALWAYS changing until we declare the results official at the end of the year.

I will try my best to get updated, accurate results posted before the last event however they most likely will change as more corrections come in.

mcoupemindy
10-13-2009, 08:13 AM
Just wanted to follow-up and let you know that I haven't let these issues die.

After careful analysis, I've identified over 200 results corrections. Simply stated, it's going to take some time to make all of these corrections.

The big three problems:

Participants not using the same name every time they register. (e.g. Jim, Jimmy, James, Jimbo)
Participants not signing up for the correct class based on our classing rules.
Participants not registering online and the on-site data entry errors that this causes.

Reach
10-13-2009, 10:50 AM
Thank you for all your careful work and consideration Jonathan!

gbauer
10-13-2009, 12:15 PM
Just wanted to follow-up and let you know that I haven't let these issues die.

After careful analysis, I've identified over 200 results corrections. Simply stated, it's going to take some time to make all of these corrections.

The big three problems:

Participants not using the same name every time they register. (e.g. Jim, Jimmy, James, Jimbo)
Participants not signing up for the correct class based on our classing rules.
Participants not registering online and the on-site data entry errors that this causes.

That's no excuse.

(ducks and hides....)

We do appreciate your hard work. Now that things are back under control in my corner of the world, I'll try to step back up again and help out some more.

Jim Dunlap
10-14-2009, 09:26 PM
So I'm guilty of messing up all the results...well, exxcccuuuussssseeee me.

Signed,

Jamesjimjaimejimbojimmybobjamieleejimmy D.

PS: Just funning...but seriously, yeah, my appreciation for the hard work goes out to the hard workers as well.

Jim Dunlap
10-14-2009, 09:45 PM
Surf's up, Dudes. With no prior notice, I'm off to Peru this weekend for a 6 week business trip; returning early December. This means missing the season's final autocross, I'm afraid to say. Everyone have fun. See you all in the New Year.

mcoupemindy
10-15-2009, 08:39 AM
Please continue discussion here:

http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/showthread.php?t=5616