PDA

View Full Version : NCCBMWCCA jackets?

KevKaos
10-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Is anyone else interested in possibly getting a purchase together for National Capital Chapter jackets now that it is getting cooler? This is a feeler to see if there is enough interest to proceed. If interested, drop in a post saying so.

I'll start by saying that I am interested in one for myself, and possibly one for my wife.

KevKaos
10-05-2009, 11:09 AM
57 views and no responses. I guess this idea is dead.

pseto
10-05-2009, 11:12 AM
did you reach out to Jonathan Ransom who runs the club store?

adam
10-05-2009, 12:25 PM
what kind of jackets? like windbreakers, leather, fleece... i'd be interested

-- Adam

martinj
10-06-2009, 09:13 AM
i'm interested

JC5
10-06-2009, 04:56 PM
I'd be into a dark light-weight mechanics style jacket. Similar to one of these, with out the large logo on the back.
:)
http://www.est1946.com/so-callightweightmechanicjacket.aspx

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=&L2=&L3=&L4=&item=TUC_87-3226

VaSteve
10-06-2009, 07:58 PM
I'd be into a dark light-weight mechanics style jacket. Similar to one of these, with out the large logo on the back.
:)
http://www.est1946.com/so-callightweightmechanicjacket.aspx

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=&L2=&L3=&L4=&item=TUC_87-3226

That'd be cool.

John in VA
10-06-2009, 08:38 PM
I don't know if anyone got to speak to Jonathan or see the club gear for sale at ChapterFest, but he uses a shop that does great work. It's a matter of selecting/purchasing the apparel to be emblazoned with the club logos.

The Club store button on the home page still states, "Stay Tuned! Club Store Information Coming 2009!" Maybe Jonathan will see this post or be alerted about it.

JRansom
10-06-2009, 09:39 PM
Did some research on some very good value jackets by Port Authority. Not sure if the PICS will come out but the details are below as a start if the photos don't display. Prices are average before embroidery which should not add a significant cost. Jonathan Ransom

Port Authority® - 3-in-1 Jacket. J777 - $75 each

This ultra-versatile jacket ensures you'll be ready when the weather changes. Water repellent and wind resistant, our 3-in-1 Jacket has an M-Tek™ nylon shell and a mesh lining for breathability. A separate zip-out fleece vest offers additional warmth, or it can be worn on its own. Both fleece and nylon are perfect for decoration.

100% M-Tek nylon shell
Drawcord hood
2-way zipper with snap flap
Inside vertical pocket
Drawcord hem
Drop tail
Velcro adjustable cuffs
Vest has anti-pill finish, reversible zipper and open hem

NEW Port Authority® - Endeavor Jacket. J768 - $48 each

Colors: Black , grey, sand, navy

With the new Endeavor Jacket, we've made a team effort for corporate success. This fresh, fashionable workplace option has a softer, quieter hand and modern details like ergonomic zipper pulls and a stowaway hood to ensure it's as practical as it is professional. 100% polyester twill with PU coating

Mesh upper body lining, with nylon lower body and sleeve lining
Two-way zipper with ergonomic pull
Inside chest pocket
Sleeve storage pocket
Two side pockets
Velcro adjustable tab cuffs
Bottom hem toggle adjustment
Port Pocket™ for easy embroidery access

Port Authority® - Anacortes Jacket. J793 - $66 each low stock

When the weather takes a turn for the worst, you'll feel at your best in the Anacortes Jacket. Stylish and high tech, the Northwest-inspired Anacortes combines a critically seam sealed shell with a soft inner layer for a double defense system against rain, wind and snow. Rated for superior breathability, this jacket repels water yet allows interior moisture to escape.

100% nylon shell with a 5000MM waterproof rating
100% polyester fleece lining
3000G/M2 breathability rating
Two zip front pockets; one zip pocket under storm flap
Hidden fold-away hood
Adjustable toggle drawcord at hem
Adjustable elastic sleeve cuffs with Velcro
Port Pocket™ engineering for easy decoration

Port Authority® - Nootka Jacket. J792 - $68 low stock

The Nootka people live in the Northwest where rainy, soggy days are the norm. That's why every seam on our Nootka Jacket is sealed for superior waterproof protection. The Nootka Jacket can take on whatever Mother Nature dishes out. You'll stay warm and dry-and look good too!

100% ripstop nylon shell with Taslan nylon accents
1500MM waterproof rating
Seam-sealed for added waterproof protection
2-ounce polyfill insulation in body, 3-ounce polyfill in sleeves
100% polyester Sherpa fleece-lined body
Nylon-lined sleeves for easy on/off
Zip-off hood
4 zippered pockets
Drop tail
Storm flap
Port Pocket™ engineering for easy embroidery access

JRansom
10-06-2009, 10:47 PM
Hopefully the pics will attach themselves in the order of Endeavor, 3 in 1, anacortes and nootka. I have a word doc that shows them better as well that hopefully I can get posted.

jonathan

JRansom
10-06-2009, 11:00 PM
Lastly tonight I sent the links posted earlier to our supplier to identify a match.

It is getting cool and we can also do hoodies, sweatshirts, sweaters, knit caps all embroidered with the Club logo and personalized for those that would like their name added.

JC5
10-07-2009, 03:38 PM
I picked up one of the baseball caps at Chapterfest. The logos, and general quality are very nice.

Do you need a minimum of a particular item for orders? A hooded zip up sweatshirt would be cool for project work. The jacket is nice. For a fall driveway DIY, I'd worry about it getting ruined.

JRansom
10-07-2009, 06:02 PM
We need 12 gaments to place an order. They can be mixed between jackets or hoodies of different styles. BTW, The DIY program could get you a nice shop apron to keep the grease off the jacket...(shameless plug) :-)

Zchild
10-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Put me down for two jackets...

mdepena
10-07-2009, 06:41 PM
What process do you want to follow in order to get an accurate count? I'm interested in the 3-in-1. Do you need sizes, too?

Maybe a registration process that includes people prepaying like we do for a chapter event.

JC5
10-07-2009, 07:03 PM
I'm in for a hoodie & jacket

Alan
10-08-2009, 12:19 AM
I'd probably be up for a Nootka. What logo is proposed?

martinj
10-08-2009, 10:10 AM
i'm in for atleast a hoodie and jacket

pseto
10-08-2009, 10:17 AM
a couple of hoodies for me and wife

woodym3
10-08-2009, 02:36 PM
I think a VERY small percentage of our membership reads this message board. Perhaps an ad in derBayerische would get a lot more buyers.

1996 328ti
10-08-2009, 02:40 PM
I think a VERY small percentage of our membership reads this message board. Perhaps an ad in derBayerische would get a lot more buyers.
I'd say. Only 113 people have logged in at least once in the past 10 days.

JC5
10-08-2009, 03:22 PM

That's a great idea. I'm sure some there are others who would like some sort of club gear. I was ecstatic to finally have a chapter hat. Plus when people ask about it, it's nice to say it's the largest BMW club chapter in the world.:)

pseto
10-08-2009, 03:30 PM
a dB ad would be great, but its too late for the next issue.

call me old fashion, but i'd be great to get the club store running on main website (not message board).

JC5
10-08-2009, 03:45 PM
The message board is a nice way to see what the members might be into before the club makes the leap into purchasing product.

Hoodies are good, but IMHO boxers are not so good.:tongue:

mcoupemindy
10-08-2009, 03:48 PM
a db ad would be great, but its too late for the next issue.

Call me old fashion, but i'd be great to get the club store running on main website (not message board).

me too!!!!!

KevKaos
10-08-2009, 09:19 PM
Of course I would be interested in at least one jacket. But I said that when I started the thread. :biggrin: I will probably also want a hoodie.

BTW, the wife is interested as well, but wonders what suggestions there might be for jackets for the ladies. She's hopes that there is something that might be flattering for the ladies. Any suggestions?

CoolToolGuy
10-09-2009, 02:07 PM
I'm interested - I'd like to see what's chosen, and don't forget those of us that like 2 "X"s in front of the "L" (as in size)

Have Fun,
Rick

KevKaos
10-10-2009, 08:34 PM
My Brother-In-Law also wants a jacket and/or hoodie as well for whoever is taking accounting of the interest generated.

ronh21
10-11-2009, 06:17 PM
I'm interested - I'd like to see what's chosen, and don't forget those of us that like 2 "X"s in front of the "L" (as in size)

Have Fun,
Rick

What he said ^, except that I'm not overly fond of the two "X"s in front of my "L". I kind of like the jackets we give our driving school instructor corps. Could we look into a not-so-exclusive version of that jacket?

cconover
10-11-2009, 08:56 PM
I'm interested. I like the 4 jackets posted earlier. Hopefully this is going to be available for a while, because I'd like one but I'm a little short on disposable income at the moment. Definitely a great idea though!

JRansom
10-11-2009, 09:09 PM
Glad there is some interest. I'm looking now for something flattering for the ladies, although I know at least one of the styles offers a version cut for the ladies. I'll also look at the hoodies, zip andd pullover although they are pretty much standard. Paul was able to secure a Db ad and once that hit the streets we should be able to set up an order period and get our order placed. Not seeing any reason I can't make all of these options available at least on the first order. Stay tuned

Jonathan

feel free to PM me as well...jransom

JRansom
10-11-2009, 09:28 PM
I have attached two selections specifically for the ladies and also two sweatshirt options. Any thoughts?

woodym3
10-12-2009, 07:58 AM
I kind of like the jackets we give our driving school instructor corps. Could we look into a not-so-exclusive version of that jacket?

When the instructor jackets were first intoduced, a brighter blue version was available to chapter members. I'm guessing that was about six years ago.

JRansom
10-12-2009, 08:29 AM
Any one have one of those Instructor jackets they can send me some information on? Seems Roy M. actually spoke of these once to me...wonder if he has any hanging around?

woodym3
10-12-2009, 10:17 AM
Any one have one of those Instructor jackets they can send me some information on? Seems Roy M. actually spoke of these once to me...wonder if he has any hanging around?

Outer Banks label. A tag inside has the following info which may be a model/color designation:

FAV
K01

JRansom
10-21-2009, 07:14 PM
Haven't heard any thoughts from the women. Weigh in when you get a chance.

from earlier in the thread....I have attached two selections specifically for the ladies and also two sweatshirt options. Any thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails

KatieT
10-21-2009, 10:39 PM
Honestly I'd probably get one of the jackets for guys or a hoodie. With things like that I'm not particular. Considering the past autocross season I'd probably go for something that's waterproof but light. :rolleyes:

~Katie

KevKaos
10-22-2009, 07:29 AM
Any chance of getting those shots of the ladies items larger? They are pretty small. Worst case, I'm sure the wifey would wear a mens jacket.

KevKaos
10-22-2009, 08:26 PM
From Mrs. Kaos

Okay, are the ladies jackets just sweatshirts? What material are they made of? Waterproof or not. We ladies need details in order to declare a preference! :wink:

And I like pink.

KevKaos
11-04-2009, 08:45 AM
Any update? It's starting to get cold out there. :wink:

JC5
12-10-2009, 06:25 PM
Soooooooooo, any word on jackets?

MPWR
12-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Good question. I'm thinking that matching NCC jackets would be pretty cool, especially when we're all hanging out in mall parking lots before socials.

Hair grease anyone?

e90 awd
12-13-2009, 07:03 PM
Im in don't forget me!!! More BMW apparel I have the better...

JC5
12-14-2009, 05:29 PM
party poopers!

JRansom
12-14-2009, 11:27 PM
These are the prices embroidered. We will use the Capital Car logo.

I'd propose emailing me direct with style, size and color through Sunday at 2pm.

I will forward the sizes and quantities and have them ordered.

Once ordered I will arrange payment by paypal or check and setup a delivery time around the region.

email is jaransom@<hidden>

*******************************************************************************----->

http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=852&d=1254886998

This ultra-versatile jacket ensures you'll be ready when the weather changes. Water repellent and wind resistant, our 3-in-1 Jacket has an M-Tek™ nylon shell and a mesh lining for breathability. A separate zip-out fleece vest offers additional warmth, or it can be worn on its own. Both fleece and nylon are perfect for decoration.

100% M-Tek nylon shell
Drawcord hood
Inside vertical pocket
Drawcord hem
Drop tail
Velcro adjustable cuffs

http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=851&d=1254886851

With the new Endeavor Jacket, we've made a team effort for corporate success. This fresh, fashionable workplace option has a softer, quieter hand and modern details like ergonomic zipper pulls and a stowaway hood to ensure it's as practical as it is professional. 100% polyester twill with PU coating

Inside chest pocket
Sleeve storage pocket
Two side pockets

http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=853&d=1254887030

When the weather takes a turn for the worst, you'll feel at your best in the Anacortes Jacket. Stylish and high tech, the Northwest-inspired Anacortes combines a critically seam sealed shell with a soft inner layer for a double defense system against rain, wind and snow. Rated for superior breathability, this jacket repels water yet allows interior moisture to escape.

Hidden fold-away hood

http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=854&d=1254887052

The Nootka people live in the Northwest where rainy, soggy days are the norm. That's why every seam on our Nootka Jacket is sealed for superior waterproof protection. The Nootka Jacket can take on whatever Mother Nature dishes out. You'll stay warm and dry-and look good too!

1500MM waterproof rating
Zip-off hood
4 zippered pockets
Drop tail
Storm flap

Note: Pictures are also on page one of thread following a description. That post has also been updated with the embroidered pricing.

thotts
12-15-2009, 12:44 AM
It looks as if most of the guys jackets come in Women's versions. I couldn't find the 3-in-1, though.

Port Authority® - Endeavor Jacket. J768
869 870

Port Authority® - Anacortes Jacket. J793
871 872

Port Authority® - Nootka Jacket. J792
873 Click Here (http://www.clothingwarehouse.com/port-authority-ladies-nootka-jacket-l792.html) for the available colors at another website

Are these jackets available through your supplier? Would the price be the same as the guys? Are all the colors and sizes (Ladies Sizes: XS-XXL; Plus 1X, Plus 2X is the advertised range) available?

Thanks for the info!

- Gina -

KevKaos
12-15-2009, 02:40 PM
I think I have my order about ready (have to see if the wife and Brother In Law are still in). What are we looking at for embroidering, just the front or possibly a larger version of the club logo on the back?

JRansom
12-20-2009, 09:10 PM
I'm still waiting on an answer regarding the ladies sizes so we will hold the order through the first part of the week and push for an answer by Tuesday or Wednesday.Jonathan

JRansom
12-20-2009, 09:12 PM
jackets, pick your style
These are the prices embroidered. We will use the Capital Car logo.

I'd propose emailing me direct with style, size and color through Wednesday evening.

I will forward the sizes and quantities and have them ordered.

Once ordered I will arrange payment by paypal or check and setup a delivery time around the region.

email is jaransom@<hidden>

************************************************** *****************************----->

http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/attachmen...2&d=1254886998

100% M-Tek nylon shell
Drawcord hood
Inside vertical pocket
Drawcord hem
Drop tail
Velcro adjustable cuffs

http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/attachmen...1&d=1254886851

Inside chest pocket
Sleeve storage pocket
Two side pockets

http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/attachmen...3&d=1254887030

Hidden fold-away hood

http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/attachmen...4&d=1254887052

1500MM waterproof rating
Zip-off hood
4 zippered pockets
Drop tail
Storm flap

Note: Pictures are also on page one of thread following a description. That post has also been updated with the embroidered pricing.
Last edited by JRansom; 12-14-2009 at 11:38 PM. Reason: picture links

pseto
12-20-2009, 09:31 PM
how about hooded and/or crewneck sweatshirts with embroidered logo?

JRansom
12-21-2009, 12:33 PM
Paul, hooded sweatshirt $20.00 and Crewneck $15.00 -standard colors are available

JRansom
12-21-2009, 12:36 PM
NOTE:

3 IN 1 Port Authority does not come in a ladies companion fit sizes.

As listed earlier the ladies sizes are available in the other styles, confirmed today.

KevKaos
12-21-2009, 12:55 PM
I sent a PM, do you prefer a regular email? I may be adding to my order anyway.

JRansom
12-21-2009, 01:38 PM
The ordering looks like it might need help so I posted an excel spreadsheet which I hope can be downloaded and sent with the email. If not just ask me to email it to you.

JC5
12-21-2009, 01:47 PM
Paul, hooded sweatshirt $20.00 and Crewneck $15.00 -standard colors are available

Oh good. I'll be sending in an order also for a hoodie

pseto
12-21-2009, 03:09 PM

cool, any pics of hoodies and sweatshirts?

JRansom
12-27-2009, 09:03 AM
Any others ordering a jacket or sweatshirt? We are still gathering orders. see previous posts for order sheet in excel. Jonathan

woodym3
12-27-2009, 09:58 AM
Since very few members look at our website, much less the message board, has a notice about this been placed in der Bayerische?

pseto
12-27-2009, 12:13 PM
Since very few members look at our website, much less the message board, has a notice about this been placed in der Bayerische?

ordering details were in the last dB, however, the pics in this thread were not.

Jim Dunlap
12-27-2009, 10:10 PM
Not too late to order, I hope. Sending a PM or regular email momentarily. Thanks for this effort!

KevKaos
01-25-2010, 09:17 AM
Any update on this effort?

JC5
01-25-2010, 04:17 PM
Did you email/PM JRansom?

KevKaos
01-27-2010, 01:20 PM
I emailed my order on the form that was sent out. Just wondering if there was a timeframe for these items to come in. Figured I would would ask here rather than everyone sending individual emails.

pseto
01-27-2010, 01:46 PM
I emailed my order on the form that was sent out. Just wondering if there was a timeframe for these items to come in. Figured I would would ask here rather than everyone sending individual emails.

i've emailed him to get a status last week, but havent heard back. i doubt he checks this thread much, so maybe others emailing would wake him up.

JRansom
01-30-2010, 03:02 PM
Jackets and hoodies due in next/this week (1st week of February)

BINGO
01-30-2010, 04:33 PM
I would be interested in two jackets. One for me short and wide and one for m wife svelt. Any chance of childrens size ( childs medium) ?

Jim
86 635CSI
64 Jag S-type
05 Cooper S

KevKaos
02-01-2010, 01:25 PM
i've emailed him to get a status last week, but havent heard back. i doubt he checks this thread much, so maybe others emailing would wake him up.

Thanks. Sounds like we are on track. With as cold as it's been, I'm needing a new coat and hoodie. :cool:

martinj
02-02-2010, 10:08 AM
i'm still interested in a jacket and hoodie, let me know where to pay and pick up..

KevKaos
02-02-2010, 03:27 PM
If you guys have not already got on the list for the current order, you will probably need to contact jransom directly.

JRansom
02-04-2010, 06:18 PM
Martinj and Bingo, PM'd you.

pseto
02-13-2010, 08:44 PM
any update?

KevKaos
02-16-2010, 03:37 PM
I got an email about them last night. See below;

I have the order and want to get it in the mail to you. Send a mailing address please

martinj
02-16-2010, 04:31 PM
Jransom, sent you my info via email. let me know if you need anything else.

JC5
02-18-2010, 07:11 PM
Whooohooo, the the hoodie and other stuffs came yesterday! Very nice all around. :icon_mrha The hoodie would be a nice regular offering in the chapter store. Highly recommended.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e235/Jackcat559/123-2392_IMG.jpg

JRansom
02-19-2010, 09:50 PM
Nice photo.

KevKaos
02-22-2010, 03:35 PM
Whooohooo, the the hoodie and other stuffs came yesterday! Very nice all around. :icon_mrha The hoodie would be a nice regular offering in the chapter store. Highly recommended.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e235/Jackcat559/123-2392_IMG.jpg

I agree wholeheartedly. Love everything we got. Seems to be very good quality all around.

JRansom: sent you an email on your regular mail.

pseto
02-22-2010, 03:46 PM
I got my white hooded sweatshirt last week and its so nice, I may have to get a few more. I'll model it to Looney's on Thursday (just dont throw up on me lol).

Jim Dunlap
02-25-2010, 10:13 PM
My 3 in 1 jacket (rather like a hip length parka, actually) arrived last week. I've used it for commuting several times. Royal (as in bright) blue with a darker blue, zip in/out vest liner; hood; two-way zipper. Very nice. Standing by for final instructions for paying my bill, but enjoying the NCCBMWCCA logo merchandise in the mean time!!