PDA

View Full Version : Timed out??

Jim Dunlap
08-26-2009, 08:42 PM
Would it be possible to have a prominent, maybe permanent in the webpage format, reminder of the forum time out limits? More than once I've been multi-tasking while working on a Reply, maybe taking a bit of time, and then when I go to post it...I've been timed out. And when I log back in, my "work" is gone. Very annoying.

mcoupemindy
08-26-2009, 09:06 PM
Would it be possible to have a prominent, maybe permanent in the webpage format, reminder of the forum time out limits? More than once I've been multi-tasking while working on a Reply, maybe taking a bit of time, and then when I go to post it...I've been timed out. And when I log back in, my "work" is gone. Very annoying.

To my knowledge, it isn't on the host end but rather on the client end. Check your browser settings - seriously.

Jim Dunlap
08-27-2009, 08:39 AM
I'll look around. On the only other message boards I frequently look at there is an option right where the log in is located to choose how long to stay logged on. If our site has that somewhere, I haven't yet found it.

1996 328ti
08-27-2009, 10:07 AM
I'll look around. On the only other message boards I frequently look at there is an option right where the log in is located to choose how long to stay logged on. If our site has that somewhere, I haven't yet found it.
vBulletin does not have such a user option that I recall.
There is the check box Remember Me? to keep you logged in.

Jim Dunlap
09-25-2009, 09:14 PM
Remember me does seem to work. Hadn't been on the board for a couple of days but just posted a message and noticed that I was still logged in, so did so with no problem.