PDA

View Full Version : Shameless "getBMWparts.com" Plug

Jim Dunlap
08-12-2009, 12:19 PM
Taking "Buying parts Who has the best prices?" literally, I have to express my appreciation for the folks at getBMWparts.com...which is to say, Tischer BMW's backroom internet "Evan and Jason operation." I recently benefitted from their regularly held customer appreciation raffles when an invoice of mine was picked from the barrel and I won a set of 19" forged, CSL M wheels. I even had my choice of staggered or all 8 inchers. I took the 8 inchers, which now, fitted with Dunlop SP9000s, are on the family's 328Ci. Look great. Over the last few months I spent a few hundred dollars ordering parts from them, and now - given my good fortune - my net cost is all in my favor! More importantly for customers, the guys know their stuff, are responsive as can be, and quickly ship what they sell...and for those of us in the DC/Baltimore area, it's easy enough to go pick up the parts ourselves. Hard for things to get much better...!!! :)

Munchenman2
08-12-2009, 01:59 PM
Very well done, lads! :redface:

We all appreciate the opportunity offered by Tischer, and the good fortune displayed by Jim. We hope our NCC members continue their support of the program.

Slainte,
Alan :tongue:
DIY chair

P.S. Please pass to Tischer GM. Thanks. abm

1996 328ti
08-12-2009, 03:05 PM
I order from Tischer all the time.
Well, whenever I need parts.

Car54
08-12-2009, 03:11 PM
<-- Tischer Lover

Car54
08-12-2009, 06:41 PM
I get my oil filters by the case from Vincent at Bimmerzone.com. Also one of my favorite vendors, great prices, over night ground shipping, no tax.

1996 328ti
08-12-2009, 06:52 PM
Well, if they could only give me the correct oil filter the first time, so I don't have to make another trip. I guess I should have checked the bag before departing the premises. (Typical mid-model year BMW change.) Towson (not Bill) made the same mistake.

VicM44 oil filter?

Jim Dunlap
08-17-2009, 08:27 PM
Quick comment. I ordered an obscure interior part from getBMWparts.com; special order...picked the number myself from realOEM.com. Brain dead on my German, I ordered the wrong part; wrong color. Tischer exchanged it, no extra charge or hassle. Good customer service = happy customers.

TMB_540i
08-17-2009, 09:32 PM
Always happy to deal with Tischer BMW Parts Dept. Counter Sales are great with the BMW CCA discount. Haven't tried the getBMWparts.com aspect but I am sure that it is well done. Thanks for providing door prizes for our NCC Driver's Schools - always appreciated!

Car54
08-19-2009, 10:46 AM
Tom, The deal was you'd buy the parts online and you could go there to pick them up giving you the best deal. They recently added a $1.75 service charge to pickup online orders, likely to dissuade the foot traffic.

schosports
09-01-2009, 01:48 PM
Well, if they could only give me the correct oil filter the first time, so I don't have to make another trip. I guess I should have checked the bag before departing the premises. (Typical mid-model year BMW change.) Towson (not Bill) made the same mistake.

VicAll I know now is DeWALT model numbers :(

How's your DC720KA Steven :P

1996 328ti
09-01-2009, 02:45 PM
All I know now is DeWALT model numbers :(

How's your DC720KA Steven :PIt rocks! :biggrin:

dbonner
09-01-2009, 06:19 PM
It's bad luck to buy by the case. It inevitably means you'll get rid of the car and have all these leftover filters.

Vic

And buying synthetic oil by the case, especially at Tischer = good luck. I do it a lot, and it saves quite a lot over time. :tongue: